23

you were leaning against harry's chest as he was doing his homework and you were reading a book about healing, ron was eating chicken wings while josephine and hermione were conversing about the professors.

"i can't believe umbridge fired trelawney," hermione grumbled. you sat up and faced towards her to engage into the conversation.

"she's psychotic," you added. "that git can go to hell! did harry tell you what she did to me?"

"no," harry chimed in. "i don't even remember you telling me something." you pulled up your robe sleeves to display the leftover scars from your detention earlier this year.

"she did the same to harry!" hermione exclaimed. "it's completely barbaric."

"i agree with you," you stated.

"finally," said josephine. "i thought the two of you would never get along with hermione's stubbornness and y/n's..."

"my what?" you questioned your friend. "you know you've still never apologized for being a bitch to me."

"i'm sorry for being honest ," josephine said with a smirk. she followed it with a laugh to make it sound like a joke but you knew she was just being blunt. "harry did y/n tell you where she's spending the holidays?"

"josie don't-"

"she's going to be staying with the malfoys," josephine stated.

"your what?" harry hissed at you. "are you insane?"

"i had no one else to stay with," you told the boy. you felt your ear tips get hot so you quickly hid them with your hair. "besides why does it matter?"

"because i'm your boyfriend," harry informed you.

"when you say it like that it sounds like that i don't know you're my boyfriend," you mumbled. "besides this was arranged before we started dating."

"whatever y/n," harry muttered.

"i think you should go," hermione said.

"whatever," you growled as you gathered up your books. "come on josie." you gave the girl a slight kick to encourage her to stand up, and shockingly it worked. the girl stood up and also gathered her things to follow you over to the slytherin table where you sat down with draco and his friends.

"boyfriend kick you out?" pansy teased you as she practically was throwing herself onto draco.

"at least her boyfriend wants her," josephine clapped back. you glanced back at her and smiled with joy in your heart, it was starting to feel like you finally had your best friend back.

"don't worry about potter," draco told you. "glad to have you back josephine."

"i'm only here for y/n," josephine informed the group. "i don't like you guys but seeing as that we share a best friend and hermione's voice is started to get annoying, here i am."

that's why she followed you. not because she wanted to but because she didn't want to be near hermione anymore. you sighed with disappointment as you opened your book back up.

"you okay?" draco whispered into your ear for only you to hear. you shook your head no which prompted him to ask, "what's wrong?" you shrugged him off for you were still mad about his secrets. "ah you still mad silvermans?"

"don't call me that," you whispered back to him. "and you bet ferret boy."

"tell me what's wrong."

"why should i? you kept secrets."

"good one ravenclaw, my my you definitely are clever," draco muttered to you. you flashed him a fake smile and then looked back at your book.