20

a/n: hello so i'm having surgery soon meaning a lot of free time so y'all best know im going to be editing chapters. also...unedited lmao

it had been two months since cedric's death and you spent most of the holiday in bed up until your mother and you had to head over to 12 Grimmauld Place due to your mom being apart of some club. she said it wasn't a club and more of an army called the order of phoenix but you were too busy being sad to care.

as you walked inside you saw your professor from your third year, the entire weasley family, sirius black, hermione granger, and even harry potter. 

"miss scammander! it's so good to see you," professor lupin exclaimed as he went to hug your mom. 

"hello helen," sirius greeted as he lifted up his glass. "your daughter looks just like him."

"she's my model," your mom said, looking at you with a soft smile. "i'm just happy that she doesn't know about y/n." 

"wait what?" you questioned. 

"y/n?" 

you turned around to see the golden trio standing on the stair case, questioning your presence at this meeting. 

"y/n why don't you go join the rest of the kids while we finish this meeting," molly stated as she scooted you out of the dining room. 

"but i want to know about-"

"sorry darling!" your mother interrupted. the dining hall doors slammed shut and locked, leaving you in the hallway alone with the golden trio. 

"how are you holding up?" ron questioned you as he motioned for you to come join them on the staircase. 

"ronald!" hermione snapped at the ginger boy. 

"draco's not around," harry informed the girl. "she's actually really sweet when he's not around." 

"whatever," hermione hissed under her breath. you followed the gang up the stairs and over to a landing where the twins were using one of their products to listen in on the meeting. 

"he's not an adult either!" you heard molly aggressively whisper. 

"he's not james," professor lupin stated. 

"well that's for sure," your mother mumbled. 

"hello ginny," you whispered as the girl came over to listen in on the conversation. she smiled and waved you but hermione had pushed her hand away which caused your smile to disappear. the group went back to listening only to notice hermione's cat and your cat were playing with the ear. 

"vanilla!" you gritted through your teeth. "stop it." 

"crookshanks," hermione whispered. "crookshanks!"

together the two cats tore the ear off of the string and were passing it back and forth amongst the two of them. 

"way to go," hermione snapped at you. 

"your cat had a play into it too granger," you hissed back. 

"just because you're josephine's friend doesn't mean we have to like you," hermione stated. you rolled your eyes and walked away from the group and up into the room you were staying in. 

"sorry about her," harry said softly as he took a seat onto your bed, you sighed as you took a seat down next to him on. 

"i deserve it." 

"no you don't," harry replied. he brushed the hair out of your face and placed it behind your ear, leaving his hand on your cheek. you looked up at him with pain in your eyes for you had missed being touched, being held. you lifted your arm up and placed your hand on top of his, interlocking fingers.