12

you took a seat next to hermione for professor flitwick wasn't too strict about seating and allowed for free range everyday. you could tell the girl had something weighing on her brain that was stressing her out for she wasn't even paying attention to the lesson.

"you alright granger?" you whispered to her, hoping professor flitwick didn't hear.

"the first tasks is dragons y/n," hermione whispered back. "dragons." you raised your eyebrows in shock, dumbledore wasn't wrong about the dangerous tasks.

"i'll help," you informed her in a low tone.

"why are you being nice to all of the sudden?"

"i've always liked you guys, it's pansy and cho who i hate," you muttered.

"y/n silvermans!" professor flitwick shouted. "since you seem so chatty today why don't you be the first one up to try the enchanted mirror of erised." the mirror of erised was a mirror that showed you your truest desire. you sighed as you got up from your set and walked up to the charmed mirror.

you were standing in front of the mirror and waited for a moment to see who or what would show up. you watched as your father walked into the scene, holding a sheet of paper with your first name. you tried to get a better look at the paper for you saw that your last name was blurred out. your father smiled at you and handed you the piece of paper that he was holding in his hand.

"tell us what you see silvermans," professor flitwick instructed you.

"it's my deceased father handing me a piece of paper," you told the class. the you in the mirror flipped the paper around to reveal if was your certificate to work at st mungo's, your dream job. "the paper is my doctor certification so i can work at st. mungo's."

"that's big dream you got there," professor flitwick said. "you can sit down now." you waved goodbye to your father and sat down next to hermione to listen to the rest of the lesson about the mirror.

"you got big dreams for someone second in class," hermione teased. you rolled your eyes with a smile on your face.

"just wait hermione," you replied with a smile. "watch out for draco though, he keeps coming close to passing me."

"y/n!" professor flitwick shouted again. "do i need to assign seating?" you shook your head no and apologized to the professor for causing disruption again.

-

(big time jump sorry not sorry this chapter is kinda just an awkward filler lmao)

tomorrow was the first taks for the triwizard tournament and you knew that cedric probably has no idea what to do but then again neither does harry. you on the other hand have a perfect idea, you just didn't know who you were going to tell.

"so y/n," adam said as he took a seat next to you. "why are you sitting here by yourself?" adam placed his hand on your thigh, making you feel so flustered that you didn't know whether to move him or not.

"well there's no qudditch this year so im making plays for next year," you lied. you were actually thinking of ideas to help get the boys past the dragons.

"a girl for qudditch captain?" adam questioned you. "doesn't that seem a little barbaric?"

"listen hear you git," cedric interrupted causing adam to stand up from the table. "y/n's the best hogwarts seeker known. now get out of here." adam sighed with anger as he got up from the table and left you and cedric. "now i know that brain of yours y/n is producing all sorts of ideas right now and i really need to hear them even if you're still pissed at me."