Restaurant

°•Second Person POV☆•°

"WHY!" You whined, sluggishly swinging your sword around.

"What do you mean, why?" Your grumpy friend said.

It has been a few days since you used your visions power, knowing that it makes you exhausted. You agreed to practice your sword skills before you'd use your vision again, and gain more stamina. Complaining that your arms hurt from practicing different moves and techniques Xiao taught you, you finally decided it was enough for today.

"Why did I agree to this?" You mumbled, dropping your sword harshly on the ground.

"What the hell. I told you to stop throwing around your sword." Xiao uncrossed his arms and appeared before you, picking up the damaged sword.

You take the sword from him and sheath it away.

He sighed. "We should really get you a new one."

Chucking, you pat his shoulder while passing by him. "You're talkative today."

Xiao turns around and follows you, mumbling. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You tell me."

"I...don't know?" He questioned himself.

Slowing down, you backed up to his pace. "Yesterday you barely spoke, today you're saying a bit more. Don't get me wrong, I love it when you talk to me-"

"I don't like speaking to mortals. Or speaking in general. I am a man of very few words." He crossed his arms and looked away.

You shrugged. "Whatever you say, moody."

"I am not moody. So don't say that again." He spat, making you roll your eyes.

"Anyways," changing the subject, you sat down on a nearby root where a tree above you was shielding the almost setting sun. "what do you wanna do tomorrow?"

He stood in front of you, averting his gaze, probably thinking about your question.

"Uh...I don't really do shit with humans." He said flatly.

You gave him a bewildered look. "You are something else, Xiao."

"Well, I don't know!" He exclaimed. "What do you mere people do?"

"The Lantern Rite," You mumbled.

"No-"

"It's not happening yet, I know. But when the time comes around, we should watch the lanterns together." You said, glancing at Xiao, who only scoffed and looked in the other direction.

"But for now," looking up at the sky, you hummed and then fully faced your amber-eyed friend. "let's decide what to do when tomorrow comes. How about for now we go get something to eat, at a restaurant."

Xiao perked up at the thought of food, which made you laugh. He groaned, and when you opened your eyes, he was no where to be seen.

You stood up quickly, almost making yourself stumble over. "...Xiao!"

Looking around, you caught a glimpse of a mix of black and teal. "Xiao! Don't you leave me behind!"

You ran in the direction where you saw the figure, assuming it was your adepti friend.

"Xiao~ don't hide from me!"

Suddenly, a gush of wind blows leaves all around you, almost making you fall over. You hear a clanging noise of what sounds like blades colliding, right behind your ear. Your eyes widen and you don't dare to move. But hearing a familiar voice of discomfort behind you automatically made you turn around.