Chapter Three

robin's pizzeria & the big news

    Downtown Manchester resides a small restaurant. A restaurant that Harry and Niall find themselves two days after their trip to Beaverbrooks, ALDI's, and the Arndale Market, to which they ate til they dropped and visited a few of the independent stalls.

The restaurant was filled with a few stragglers as the place was nearing closing time. The smell of freshly baked pizza filled the open room and, without surprise, made Niall's stomach growl.

"Niall, Harry! Good to see you boys!"

"Back again, Niall?"

The boys turned their heads over to the hostess stand to see two high school girls. One of the teenage girls was a sixteen year old girl who had shoulder length, brown hair with blond underside highlights, which was done one night while in the mist of being in the middle of a mental breakdown. The other one was a sixteen year old girl with platinum blond hair that went all the way down to her waist.

    "Hey Grace, Violet." Harry greets them back with a smile.

    "You can shut up Violet and stick it where the sun doesn't shine, you hater." Niall says as he throws a glare at the angsty teenager. To which, she rolls her eyes in response.

"Do you guys want your regular order?" Grace asked them both, but mostly Harry since Niall and Violet were bickering like an old married couple.

"Yes, please." Harry says with a gentle smile. "Also, is Robin available?" Harry asked her as she puts in their order.

"Yes, he wanted me to tell you to meet him in his office when you came by." She softly spoke back.

"Great." Grace nods and moves on to collect the money from a few customers that were getting ready to leave. Harry turns to Niall, who was still trying to win an argument with Violet but was failing miserably. "Niall." Harry said, trying to get his attention.

"You know, if you ran like your mouth, you'd be in good shape." Violet tells Niall as she picks up a pen and begins to walk away leaving Niall with an offended look.

"Wha-Did you just hear what she just said to me?!" Niall asks Harry once he noticed him looking at him. "She just called me fat! I am not fat!" Niall continues to say.

"No, you're not." Harry assures Niall. "I ordered our food, but I gotta go talk to Robin real quick. I'll be back in a few minutes or so, alright?" Harry asks Niall.

"Yeah, yeah." Niall dismisses Harry and walks away from him. "Fat? Who is she calling fat?" Harry rolls his eyes as he overheard Niall, to which walked away before Harry could even say anything.

Harry stands there for a moment before finding his way to Robin's office. Robin's office was fairly small, but held enough room for at least five people to move around comfortably. The walls were of a boring color, but the paintings of abstract art made up for it. The desk that Robin was currently sitting at, held picture frames of his family, a plant that looked in need of water, papers that were unorganized, a computer, and empty coffee cups.

    "Hey kiddo!" Robin looks up from his computer and greets Harry with a smile.

    "Hey, what are you still doing here? Usually you'd let Lia or Grace stay late and close up." Harry asks as he sits down on a chair that was positioned in front of Robin's desk.

    "I usually would, but something important came up which is why I asked you to come by." Robin tells Harry.

    "Nothing bad, I hope?" Harry raises his right eyebrow.

    "No, no. We're getting a few more employees for a month or so." Robin informs him. "It might be three, I'm not totally sure." Robin mumbles as he looks down at the computer screen and squints his eyes as if that'll make the answer pop out at him.

    "Why so short of a time?" Harry asked confused.

    "Who knows." Robin says. "Well, actually I do know I just can't tell you." Robin adds.

    "You just want me to know that you know and rub it in my face. This is pay back from Valentine's Day last year with mum." Harry accused Robin.

    "No, it's not!" Robin looks back up at Harry and had on an offended look. "But to be fair, all you had to do was tell me what she got. That's all you had to do! It wasn't that hard of an ask." Robin adds.

    "Fine." Harry gets up from the chair and starts walking towards the door. "Then, I won't tell you what she's getting you for Christmas." With that he opens the door and walks out leaving Robin perplexed.

    "What-Harry! Harry! Harold!" Robin yells, but received no response. "That little-oh, crap! I did not mean to send that." Robin says as he looks back down at his computer and continues to hit the back button.