Chapter twenty-two

Harry and Zayn both made it to the diner that was a couple streets away from the pizza place near the college. Harry absolutely loved this place and was glad to not only have his first date here but to have it there with Zayn.

Zayn was astatic that Harry agreed to have this as a date which means Harry likes him back. They still haven't talked about it and the other have no idea if the other has actual feelings but they are there.

When they walk in and Zayn was caught off guard at what he saw. He saw booths of the color of blue and white, the walls pink with all kinds of pictures hanging up, the front of a car was placed behind two sets of rows of the blue booths, and the floor was checkered.

Zayn looks around the diner and can't help the smile that creeps up on his face and the shock that fills his brown eyes. Harry breaths out as he looks around the familiar diner before looking over at Zayn.

"Follow me" Harry says and turns around to find a free both. Zayn looks over to see Harry walking away and follows him as he takes a seat by the window. Zayn slowly sits down across Harry kind of amazed about the whole place.

"What is this place?" Zayn asked Harry who was tapping his fingers on top of the white table that was separating the two from touching.

Harry looks up at Zayn and smiles before he answers. "It's my mum's diner" Zayn's eyes grew wide at the discovery about the diner and smiles wide at him.

Zayn raises his eyebrows at him and shakes his head as he leans back in the booth. Harry chuckles at Zayn's reaction and looks over his shoulder to see if any of the waiters were free as he raises his fingers in the air.

A waiter caught sight of Harry and smiled wide as she made her way to the back. The waiter saw that Harry wasn't alone and he only came here either by himself or with Niall. The waiter walks through the kitchen, dodging people from causing a ruckus. She made her way to the office that was in the back.

She knocks on the white door before she opens it to see a women behind the desk with glasses perched up on her nose. The women behind the desk clicks on her mouse when she heard the door open to see one of her waiters.

"Yes?"

"Harry's here" the waiter said but this wasn't news to her because he always comes over. The woman raises her eyebrow and the waiter continues. "With a guy that isn't Niall" she finishes with a smile.

With that the woman stands up immediately and takes off her glasses. She smiles at the waiter and claps her hands, she was finally excited that Harry was bringing someone new.

"I need to see this for myself" the woman says and makes her way out of her office. The woman and the waiter make their way over to the door and peek out to see Harry.

Harry was talking to Zayn and the woman saw how happy he looked. Harry looked so much happier than the last time she had saw him and it's been a while. The woman smiles at herself and looks back at the waiter and the kitchen full of staff.

"Alright everyone, my son seems to be on a date so it's time for code green" she says with a mischievous smile and everyone chuckles and starts murmuring about what was about to happen.

The woman collects herself and walks out the door to the counter. She grabs some menus for the lovely new couple and makes her way over to them. Harry looks over Zayn's shoulder and sees his mother with a huge smile and he freezes.

"Harry? Are you okay?" Zayn questioned when he saw the change in Harry. Zayn noticed that he was staring behind him and he was about to look when Harry spoke up.

"Mum.." Harry says as the woman makes her way to their booth and sets the menus down on the table. Zayn stiffens when he saw Harry's mom walk up to them and he didn't know what to do.