Chapter twenty-nine

It was 6:03pm

Harry was currently getting ready for the moment of truth. The concert was happening soon, in an hour approximately. He was nervous because he didn't know how things would work out.

In a brand new outfit, he had a black t-shirt along with black skinny jeans on. He looked in the mirror in his bathroom and ruffled his brown hair. Harry had grown out his hair a little bit so it went down to the nape of his neck.

Harry tucks in his necklace into his shirt so that it was touching his bare skin. He huffs and rolls his neck before giving himself a little pep talk before walking out the bathroom.

He walked over to the made bed and grabbed his phone and all the necessities that he needed. He wasn't leaving New York yet so he didn't need much.

There was three knock on his door before it was swung open as a blonde boy walked in. Harry turned around and froze.

He was no longer blonde.

"What the hell happened to your hair?" Harry asked his friend. "I leave you alone for two hours and you go and dye your hair?!" Harry rakes his eyes over the new color.

Niall rolls his eyes. "Actually this is my natural color, I just dye my hair blonde" he told his friend. "Thought I should be myself this time around" Niall taps his foot on the carpet and folds his arms across his chest.

"Right, this time around.." Niall nods his head.

Harry looks away from his friend and walks over to the side table to retrieve some things. Harry soon received a text saying that their ride is there and it was time to head out.

Niall and Harry were out the doors and out of the hotel they were currently staying at. They made it to the taxi that had patiently waited for them. They were on their way to the venue where the boys were hosting their concert.

• • •

Zayn had turned on the water in his break room's bathroom. He leaned his head down as he cupped his hands under the water before splashing his face with it.

Zayn was feeling so many things and he didn't know how to shake it all off. This couldn't be happening right before he went out and preformed in front of thousands of people.

He exhaled deeply and shakily. He turns off the water and dries his hand on a hand towel that was near the sink. He turns off the light as he walks out the bathroom and re-enters his break room. (Changing room?)

He looks around and fidgets with anything he can get his hands on. He was a mess and it was all Harry Styles' fault. He couldn't stop thinking about him and wondering if he was ignoring him.

They had kissed right before he had left.

He had hoped that Harry didn't regret it or that Harry had used him just to get his mind off of things or because he was famous. It didn't matter if he didn't know who he was in the public eye.

He really wanted Harry to text him just so he knows he didn't do anything. He wanted to not feel like his heart was being ripped out of his head and being stomped on. He didn't want to cry right before he got on stage.

"Zayn?" The call of his name was called right after a series of knock on his door.

Zayn was back in the real world and not in his head as he looks over at the closed door. He clenched his fists a couple of times to cool down as he exhales. He nods his head before walking over to the door.

"You're okay" Zayn whispers to himself before he opens the door and plasters on a fake smile.

Louis stood outside of his door. He was already in his stage outfit as he was sent to her Zayn from his room. It took one look at Zayn to know that his best friend was freaking out and wasn't fine.

"Hey-do you need Liam?" He asked even if it had hurt him. Zayn never did go to him with his problems but what if Zayn did? Would he know what to do? How does Liam handle their problems?

Zayn shook his head and still smiled at him. "What? No, I'm fine just...nervous, I'm nervous is all" Louis nods his head slowly but he didn't believe him and Zayn knew that.

"We're about to go on so we need to get into our places" Louis says as he points his right thumb behind him.

There was another hallway down the corner where they had needed to go. Zayn knew where it was since they all had walked around the place earlier. They got yelled at for not telling anyone where they had gone.

But since when did they ever follow the rules

Zayn nods his head and looks behind him at where his phone was. His phone didn't light up with any sign of a message from Harry and that was the biggest disappointment and heartache he had ever experienced.

Zayn looks back at Louis and nods his head.

"Yeah"