Chapter Fourteen

Harry Styles

Harry Styles

The tintinnabulation of the small bell above the door echoed throughout the, mostly, empty modern diner. The modern diner had a mixture between small square tables that fit only two people and booths for four people. The tables were white with teal side chairs as the booth were white rectangular tables with teal leather booths.

White walls and teal counters, teal and white with white circle designs as the flooring, and windows outlining the walls with black frames.

The diner went through a construction as my mom wanted to start the switch over from the old diner to a more modern diner. From the looks of it, it was a bad choice.

Hearing the door close, I look over at the receptionist desk where a young girl resided. She looked new. Most of the new staff are as most of them went off and got new jobs.

The receptionist had long dirty blonde hair that was in a tight ponytail. She wore the uniform for Anne's Diner that included any black pants with any teal shirt. The young girl had a name tag clipper to her teal shirt that read, Gigi.

Gigi smiled towards us and her eyes lit up when she behind me. I did bring Zayn and Liam which meant she knew what One Direction is.

I walked up to the receptionist desk and smiled politely at her. "Table for four please." I say.

Gigi nod her head. "Yes," she grabs four menus, "right this way." She starts walking towards the rows of booths and tables.

"Before you go, could you tell Anne that her son is here?" I ask Gigi when she led us to a booth.

"Are you her son?" She asks.

"Yes," I nod my head, "just tell her that I have a few friends with me." Gigi nods her head and goes to get my mom.

"So, this is your mom's diner?" Liam asks.

"Yeah, the food here is amazing Liam! You should try this!" Niall points at a place on the menu on Liam's.

"My mom has owned this diner for years, it's been in the family for generations." I nod my head and laugh a little at Niall's excitement.

"Do you help out with your mom?" Zayn asks.

"I have to beg him" a voice behind us says with a chuckle.

"No you don't!" I exclaim at my mom who smiles brightly at us.

"Hello boys! I'm Anne Styles, Harry's mom and Niall's chef." Anne jokes. With a chorus of hello's Anne looks over at Harry with confusion. "What happened at the party?"

"Nick was there and it got a little weird.."

"That's Nick."

          Nick Grimshaw stood by the staircase with a few of his friends. Nick seemed to have spotted us and glued his eyes towards me. I gulped and looked back at Niall.

          Niall continued to glare at Nick with hatred. I never get why Niall was so mad at Nick whenever he was brought up, I mean he never met him before just from what he was told.

          "Let's leave." Niall stated firmly.

          Niall was going to walk away, but I grabbed his arm. "Why do you hate Nick so much? You never even met him.." I asked confused.

          "Because-"

          "Hey Harry.." I turn around to see Nick standing in front of me. Nick takes a glance at Niall. "Hey..Niall.."

          "Hey.." he knew Niall? "Wait, you know Niall? You know Nick?" I ask the both of them.

          Nick had a tight smile and Niall looked a bit uncomfortable. He was moving his yes everywhere and wouldn't look anyone in the eyes for more than two seconds.

          "No."

          "Yes."

           Everyone looked over at Niall. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Yes or no?" I asked him and he looked over at Nick before meeting my eyes again.

          With a sigh he nods his head. "Yes..I know him." He admits.

          "Hey, it's alright if you know him. I mean, I'm a little intrigued to know why or how you know him but it's fine." I say to Niall and he bites his lip as he looks down at the ground.

          "I know Nick..." Niall takes a second before continuing. "I know him because he's my ex."

          "Oh.."

          "Well, I guess that's my cue to leave," Nick backs up slowly, "it was nice seeing you Harry, Niall" he nods his head and walks away.

          "Oh..that is a little..weird" Anne says as she looks over at Niall who was distracting himself with the menus and ignoring all of our stares.

          With a few moments of silence, Anne breaks it. "Well, I'll get your orders in and hurry on up so we can call it a day."

          With that we order our food.