Chapter twenty-seven

Harry's pov (for now)

"This is her office so, if you don't mind waiting here until she comes back" Chaya says after the whole elevator scene.

"Thank you" I say and she smiles back before she makes her way out of the office.

Niall was looking around the medium sized office that Gemma got promoted to. He began to touch everything and oohed and ahhed everything he saw and touched.

Something was definitely wrong with him.

Niall walked over to the closet that only you could hang up your coat and store a couple things in. He looked in then came back out, leaving the door open.

He walked over to the other side of the room and looked at a painting. There wasn't much to look at since it was a few platters here and there. I guess that's called art.

We heard talking outside of the door and I recognize it as Gemma's voice. Her heels were clicking on the tile floors and the footsteps came closer and closer until they reached the door. The door knob was turning which caught Niall's attention.

"Yeah, make sure that happens exactly at 3 o'cloc-"

Gemma looks up at sees both Niall and I looking at her. Niall raises his eyebrows as if he forgot we were surprising Gemma because he freezes then smiles as he puts his hands in the air.

"Surprise!"

Gemma looks over at Niall and I shake my head with a sigh. "..hi?" She seemed to be still in shock which was understandable.

"Hi Gems" I smile sweetly at her and she breaks out of her shock and smiles at me. She runs over to me and hugs me, I was surprised that she could run in heels.

"Harry! What are you doing here? I though you had school?" She goes off with the questions and I hug her back with just as much as she was.

"We're on a break"

"18 months" I heard Niall mutter.

I look over at him. "What?"

"Nothing" he goes back and looks at the painting.

I looked back at Gemma to see her looking at Niall weirdly. Niall was losing it by the minute so we needed to hurry up and get him to Liam before he gets brain damaged.

I shake my head at her and she forgets about Niall for the time being. "I kind of wished that you guys came at a better time because this case is on my nerves and is causing me not to have any time whatsoever" she explains.

She goes over to her desk and sits down as he opens up her file. She looks up at me and pauses and then moves her hands to cover the first page.

"You guys are minors and can not see what's in this file" she says slowly. "But hypothetically if a guy forgets his phone at a ex's house and he went to get that but the ex wasn't home.."

Niall looks back at Gemma and raised his eyebrows. "He broke in?"

Gemma nods her head a little. "No"

"Why are you shaking your head if he didn't?"

She nods her head. "He didn't"

Niall puts his hand on the wall and starts leaning on his hand as he looks at Gemma. "Girl, you got to stop shaking your head if that's not what you mea-"

We hear a ripping and Niall was falling through the painting he had his hand on. Niall had thought he put his hand on the white wall instead of the huge painting that was taller than him.

Gemma snaps her head over to him to see his legs hanging in the air and I try not to laugh.

"What the hell? Did I just find another dimension or something?" He groans and gets up from the ground. "You have a panic room!?" He looks at Gemma as fast as he can and looks back at the room he was in.

"I-I didn't even know we had that" she gets up from the chair to see the room.

"There's no need to look" Niall gets in her way and she backs away from his abrupt action to getting in her face. "It's just a small room, nothing to see here" he walks back over to me.

I shake my head at him. "Why are you being weird?" I ask him.

"I'm not being weird, you're being weird" he says back immediately.

Gemma sighs and walks back to her desk to pick up her file of her clients. She looks up at us and smiles tiredly. "I gotta go, don't stay out to late, don't kiss strangers" Gemma says as she walks over to the door. "And don't go and have sex..Niall"

Gemma closes the door. "Heyy" Niall whines and I chuckle. "Well I'm not the only one she needs to worry about" he says and I look over at him. "Who knows what you and Zayn get up to when you guys are alone, I mean for all we know you guys could be-"

Niall didn't get to finish his thought because I pushed him. The door to the closet wasn't close and when he went to catch himself with the door he fell on the ground with a thud.

"Ow!"

"Shut up leprechaun"