09

Butterflies. This feels like butterflies.

ੈ✩‧₊˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Kurumi: Ku-chan we're going to a carnival!

The Saiki mother looked at you and Kusuo as the two of you entered his house. Your mother and father were sitting inside, too.

Y/N: Aww, so I have to stay here with Pinky?

'Good grief. No, they have other plans.'

You looked over at the psychic with a confused look.

Dad: Go on and get showered up. You two are coming with us!

Your face brightened. 

Y/N: Okay okay give me ONE second.

Saiki watched as you disappeared for a second, then reappeared at the door. You weren't in your swimsuit anymore; you had changed into a black oversized Nirvana tee, biker shorts, and sneakers. (or just imagine what you want. I'm just using my outfit I wore yesterday-) Your hair was still wet from the shower, and you were putting silver earrings in.

Y/N: I'm back!

Kuniharu: Wow! You did that in less than a second!

Kurumi: Oooh, your powers are so cool!

The psychic's parents cooed. You smiled.

Y/N: I'm sure Saiki could do it faster. I just didn't want to waste time, sorry for my rude exit.

Kurumi: It's okay, Y/N-chan! You look nice!

Kusuo rolled his eyes, teleporting to his room and resetting his body to yesterday. He slipped on a white collared shirt and black pants with regular sneakers. He's not interested in dressing formally. He then teleported back downstairs and the six of you headed out. 

ੈ✩‧₊˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

When you got to the carnival, you could tell it was already in full swing. You marveled at the sights; the games, the rides, the light, playful atmosphere. Your heart swelled with joy as you looked toward a cotton candy stand. Gasping, you tugged at Saiki's sleeve. 

Y/N: Let's go get some!

'Geez, what are you, a child?'

You looked up at him, furrowing your brows.

Y/N: It's just cotton candy. Stop being a buzzkill, we're here to have fun!

'We just had fun at the beach.'

Y/N: I did, you didn't. You didn't even play volleyball with us, you just stood there talking to Mikoto or Teruhashi the whole time.

You felt a small pang in your chest as you remembered but quickly shook it off.

'I wasn't talking to them, they talked to me.'

You waved your hand dismissively.

Y/N: Yeah whatever, strawberry shortcake. Now come, let's get cotton candy. 

'What a pain.'

You skipped along to the stand with the psychic trailing behind. Both of your parents told you to do whatever since they were going to go do 'grown-up stuff', which Saiki told you meant gambling at the nearby casino. It was just you and him, at the carnival. I suppose it was a date.

'Be quiet, author.'

Fine.

It wasn't a date, though, just two friends at the carnival. Even though it was filled to the brim with couples, and Saiki wouldn't ever admit that anyone was his friend. 

Worker: What color?

Y/N: Same as this guy's hair, please.

The guy at the stand gave you a confused smile as he looked from you to Saiki then to his hair. He chuckled awkwardly and started twirling the stick around the machine (i think idk how cotton candy works sorry </3).

Worker: Alrighty, that'll be 350 yen.

Y/N: Really? That's cheap!

You started digging through your purse. Suddenly, Kusuo noticed your face. It wasn't really describable with an adjective, it was more of an 'oh shit' face.

'Good grief. What now.'

'I left my wallet at your house and I can't even get it because there are too many people. Fucking hell.'

'...Geez.'

You looked up in confusion as you watched him take his wallet, pay and thank the man, then grab the cotton candy. The two of you walked a bit before you turned to him.

Y/N: Thanks, Saiki.

ੈ✩‧₊˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Mikoto: Toritsuka! I need to tell you something.

The purple-headed teen groaned over the phone.

Toritsuka: Hurry up with it, I was... busy.

Mikoto: Right... anyways, it's about Saiki! He let me read his future today at the beach-

Toritsuka: You guys went to the beach without me?!

Mikoto: -and I found something out about him and l/n!

Toritsuka: And this concerns me why?

Mikoto: They belong together, but Saiki is an idiot when it comes to love.

Toritsuka: Wait, I thought you said he was your soulmate?

Mikoto: Eh, I'm over it. There's probably another pink-haired psychic out there.

Toritsuka: Again, I'm busy! Are you done?

Mikoto: No! We're coming up with a plan!

Toristuka: Huh??

Mikoto: We're gonna get Saiki and l/n together!

i have no excuse for my absence but-
anyways did yall see the new op of mha
😩 shinsou do be lookin fine