23

Good grief- I'm trying to say I love you!

I love you!

ੈ✩‧₊˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

You closed your eyes and hummed your response, drowsiness taking over. He took a shaky breath. Why was this so difficult for him? Why couldn't he just say it?

Say it.

Kusuo: I love... 

He looked over at you, the moonlight illuminating your features. You looked as beautiful as ever, especially when you were calm and quiet. It was weird, though, seeing you without a smile. He blushed and whipped his head back to the stars.

Kusuo: The stars. I love the stars.

You smiled, your eyes still closed. 

Y/N: Me too.

It was silent again, except for Kusuo's thoughts. He was mentally degrading himself for his mishap, completely angry that he missed his chance. 

Kusuo: No.. not the stars, I mean- I love youuuuuurrr coffee jelly.

What the hell was that?

You gave an airy laugh.

Y/N: You're so cute, Ku~

You hummed.

Shit. This was bad. He didn't even practice saying the big three words like Aiura had told him to. This was really bad. All he wanted to do was say it. Why'd it have to be so difficult? 

His brows furrowed in frustration when he heard your soft snoring. Granted, it was pretty late at night, so he kind of expected this. His face softened at your peacefulness, your lips parted. You shifted your body to face him, and he did the same, studying your face. 

Kusuo: I-

He could say it now, right? You couldn't hear him, so the anxious feeling he had would go away, right? After all, this is practice. He'd tell you tomorrow. For sure. 

Kusuo: I- hm.

He tried thinking of everything he liked about you as his father said. He thought of saying over and over like Aiura said. He took a deep breath.

Kusuo: Y/N I lo-

The words got caught in his throat. How does that even happen if he's speaking telepathically?

Why is this so hard to say? It was beginning to really frustrate him. He should've practiced earlier. His face glowed red in anger.

Kusuo: Good grief- I'm trying to say I love you!