24

I'm in love with you, too

ੈ✩‧₊˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Kusuo woke up with the sweetest feeling in his heart. There was no mistaking or denying it now, he was deep in love with you. He was so far gone he could marry you on the spot. He just needed to express it to you. Well, he did, but this time he needed you awake. Talking to his dad didn't help, nor Aiura, but he had been thinking about what to say the whole night. 

Good grief, this is such a nuisance. Why did I have to catch feelings for her?

Then your image went into his mind. The way your face brightened when you smiled, saying, 'You're so cute, Ku.'

Kusuo's heart melted, and he found himself smiling at the ceiling as he laid in bed. Ugh. Such complex human emotions. 

His thoughts were interrupted by the familiar ring tone you had set for yourself in his phone. His smile widened as he heard the song the two of you danced to that one Saturday, and he immediately answered. 

Kusuo: What do you want.

Why did I say it like that? Don't tell me I'm actually a tsundere like my grandfather, he sighed.

Kusuo: Sorry, good morning. 

You chuckled softly over the phone.

Y/N: It's fine, g'morning Ku. Um, we need to talk, can I come over? It's important.

Kusuo's happy mood dimmed a bit once he heard the sadness in your tone. Of course, he made sure to wear his ring per your demand, so he couldn't hear your thoughts to figure out what's wrong.

Kusuo: Is everything okay?

Y/N: Yeah, kind of. Can you teleport me here? I don't wanna wake my parents this early.

Kusuo: Alright.

In an instant, you were in his room. You turned around to see Kusuo sitting on his bed, a small smile on his face. Your face softened a bit and you took a deep, shaky breath. 

Y/N: You can erase memories, right?

Erase memories? I wonder what she wants to forget? The psychic nodded.

You fiddled with your fingers, averting your eyes from Kusuo's.

Y/N: Can you, erm, erase my memories of you?

Saiki stood up, taken aback by what you said. Me? Did I do something? This not-reading-her-mind thing is agitating, I have no idea what's happening. He cocked his head to the side, signaling for you to explain. You felt the tears prickle your eyes as you stared down at your socks and fidgeted with your pajama sleeve. You spoke softly but clearly.

Y/N: I- I'm in love with you.

Saiki's eyes widened. You continued.

Y/N: I don't know when it happened, but I can't deny that I have feelings for you. But I know you wouldn't feel the same way because of what you said about Chiyo, about how you did everything to get her to stop liking you. That's why I wanted you to wear your anti-telepathy ring around me. I didn't want you to know about it and try to get rid of me too...

Your voice broke at the last line, causing Kusuo's heart to shatter right then and there. You put your face in your hands, trying to cover the sobs that came out.

Y/N: I tried to ignore it, I really did. I convinced myself that I didn't like you. But the feelings just got stronger, and I found myself falling for you harder than I ever did with anyone else. And I don't even know why! I just know that I'm really happy around you, Ku. Especially since it already seems like you're getting tired or bored of me. 

You sniffed and looked back up at Kusuo, whose face remained stoic despite all the feelings he was having at the moment. She... she liked me? Not even like; love! This whole time?

Y/N: That's why, Saiki Kusuo, I want you to erase any and all happy memories with you. I don't want to be a nuisance, or get my heart broken, or ruin our perfect friendship just 'cause of these stupid feelings that won't go away. 

Your voice held such determination despite the fact that you were practically shaking with sadness. After this, everything you had with Saiki would be gone. The late nights. The playful arguments. The beach days. The dance parties. The laughing fits. You wouldn't remember any of it. The thought broke you, and you dug your fingernails into your palm to keep yourself from crying any longer.

Kusuo didn't know what to say. He's never speechless. Well, unless he wants to be. Here you were, confessing to him, saying everything he wanted to say to you, without the sad parts. But what could he say? Did he even have the courage to confess back? What should he even say?

In a way, you were right. He's never been happy or sad; when he eats coffee jelly he's in a state of contentment, not happiness. 

But he didn't think you'd go as far as wanting to erase your memories. The more he thought about it, the worst the feeling in his chest got. His vision got blurry, and when he lifted his eyes to wipe them, they were wet.

I'm... crying?

If it wasn't obvious before, it was surely obvious now: you're his soulmate.

He sighed, pushing his glasses back. Your eyes were glued to your socks again, the tears now pooling from your eyes.

Kusuo: You're right. I'm not capable of love or happiness. My powers make that impossible.

Your shoulders slumped as you nodded. You were expecting this answer, yet somehow, you were still heavily dejected about it. Until he spoke again.

Kusuo: That's what I thought before I met you.

You gasped slightly and looked up at him, his stoic expression faltering as a loving smile tugged at his lips. 

Y/N: W- what?

This is it, he thought. Everything we've been through has been leading up to this. He gathered the courage to get closer to you until your faces were inches apart. The psychic took his hands and cupped your cheeks in them, wiping a stray tear from your cheek.

And for the second time in his life, he opened his mouth to speak.

Kusuo: I'm in love with you too, Y/N. 

this edit was cute to me but anyways
this book is coming to an end 
and im kinda sad bc you guys
are all so sweet :(