19

We're just friends

We're just friends.

ੈ✩‧₊˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Mom: Gah, this is so relaxing!

Your mom lifted her arms up against the rocks, closing her eyes. Kurumi smiled.

Kurumi: I know, right! What do you think, Y/N-chan?

You sunk deeper into the water, lost in thought. Good thing for the gender-separated pools; you don't think you could handle yourself naked in front of an also naked Kusuo. 

Kurumi: Y/N-chan?

You looked up and gave a sheepish smile.

Y/N: I'm sorry, what did you say?

Your mother raised an eyebrow as Kurumi repeated her question.

Y/N: Oh yeah, it's really soothing.

You returned your attention to the water, swirling your hands around it while thinking. Your mother was not having it. She gave you the luxury of going to your first onsen and you don't even enjoy it? And she had a pretty clear idea of why, too.

Mom: Oi, what's with the weird awkward tension between you and Kusuo?

You immediately froze, giving your mother her answer. She sat up excitedly, Kurumi giving a confused glance.

Mom: I knew it! Something happened between you two, didn't it?

Kurumi gasped and smiled brightly.

Kurumi: Something happened? Ooh, please tell!

You squirmed and looked away. 'Yeah, because I'm just gonna tell you that your son ate me like coffee jelly last night...'

Your face heated up at the thought of it and your flustered face didn't go unnoticed by the pair of women bombarding you with questions.

Mom: Something DID happen!

Kurumi: She's thinking about it right now, isn't she?

Mom: C'mon, spill!

Y/N: Mom! You're acting like we're best friends or something.