10

Why did I want to kiss her?

ੈ✩‧₊˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ˏˋ°•*⁀

The buzz of the carnival had started to die down, the moon shining down on the stragglers who were left. Your parents still haven't come back yet, as they were probably drunk somewhere doing something stupid. You and Saiki have been spending hours talking on end, playing carnival games, and getting funnel cakes on the way. You actually got him to listen to some of your music. He kept a straight face during most of it, but you convinced yourself he liked it.

You were just now noticing how many aspects of Saiki were admirable. For instance, when you played a very obviously rigged carnival game, he helped you so you could get the giant teddy bear you wanted. He even held it for you, but that was because you kept complaining about the weight.

He was also quite funny, though he didn't show it as much. When he smiled, even just a little, it made your heart warm, the fuzzy feeling overtaking your body. He was definitely a sweet person on the inside, and whether he liked to show it or not, it came out around you. You've finally become able to understand him and his ways, his likes and dislikes. 

Y/N: Saiki! Let's go on the Ferris wheel now!

You saw the psychic glare at you, his dead eyes peering down at you. You could practically hear him saying 'no' before he even said it (telepathically, that is). You tugged his sleeved and pouted. 

Y/N: C'monnnnnn Pinky. My feet hurt and we could see the whole city from up there!

You whined.

Saiki: No. And stop acting like a child.

You clicked your tongue, determined, and gripped onto his hand, interlocking your fingers with his. He visibly tensed, stopping in his tracks. You looked up at him with a devious smirk and pulled him towards the ride, him having no choice but to follow along. 

The two of you got to the line, still holding hands. Neither of you made an effort to let go, and whether that was because you forgot or you just didn't want to is a mystery. You were comfortable like this; his hands were soft and warm despite what people may think. You rubbed the pad of your thumb along his hand slightly, enjoying the feeling.

Worker: A couple, eh? I'll make sure to stop you right at the top.

The guy winked and you beamed back, holding onto Saiki's arm. He glared down at you but didn't say anything.

Y/N: Thank you!

Saiki let go of your hand as soon as you got on the ride.

Y/N: I was wondering when you were gonna let go.