My life would suck without you

'Cause we belong together now, yeah
Forever united here somehow, yeah
You got a piece of me
And honestly
My life would suck without you

Katya's POV

The moonlight began to be replaced slowly by the sun, and the simple fact of seeing the sunrise reminded me of so many things. To see how for just a moment, the sun and the moon could meet even for a couple of minutes made my heart speed up, and my trembling hands held my phone more tightly. Insomnia was one of the most horrible things a person could experience, but if you took away the fact that anxiety consumed you to pieces, ran out of energy, and just concentrated on seeing the sunrise, then it was really a good thing.

I had managed to leave the room without waking Patricia up, and now I was just sitting at the window with a cup of coffee and a cigarette. The breakfast of every morning. I just wanted some peace before I started my day, although we all knew that would be impossible to do, at least not today.

Today.

The day Trixie would board a plane away from me.

I couldn't get her out of my head. I couldn't help but think of her golden curls, of her eyes so beautiful that they made me access anything, of that smile so beautiful that it made my heart beat with force, or of her kisses that healed the wounds of my heart. I couldn't spend more than two minutes without wanting to stand in front of my baby to kiss her and let her know that she was the only girl I had loved.

Proof of that was how I left everything I was doing to go find a box that contained many memories that belonged to both of us. The box that I couldn't open after Trixie left and that I swore to myself that we would do it together when we started dating again, but as it was a custom, everything went the other way. I wasn't sure what would be there, but still, after finding the box in the back of my closet, I opened it to find several USB sticks, CDs, letters, and photographs.

It was obviously not a good idea, but I still started to see the pictures.

How beautiful she was.

Happiness looked so good in her.

As a good photographer, it was my duty to have at least a million photos of my muse, and none of them did justice to that beautiful angel. I took several polaroids, and as I watched them, the memories started to flow into my head. She standing in front of her old high school with her checkered short skirt, holding her tie in a funny pose. Another one in the speed zone, riding on my motorcycle and holding Alaska, though my favorite was the one I took on her eighteenth birthday: that lovely princess was sitting in the tattoo shop while showing the one she had just done.

A thousand years would pass, and still, I would never finish assimilating that I found the girl of my dreams, the cause of my joy, my muse. And yet, I let her go.

I sighed heavily before shaking my head, taking a random VHS, and playing it on the TV, though I made sure it was low enough to not wake up to Patricia.

I wasn't ready to see it.

"No, wait! I just want to go get some water!" Sharon begged as the two blondes braided her hair and set tiny flowers on them, "Katya, please help me."

I swallowed with difficulty before the images in front of me. Everything happened too quickly, and I wanted to go back to that time. Trixie and Alaska laughed while they wore their school uniforms; the first one had it completely clean and ironed, her blonde hair was combed with two pigtails that were tied with two red ribbons, making her look like the typical image of an innocent schoolgirl. The other girl had every piece of clothing wrinkled with a visible stain, and probably the only thing that had changed in her was that now she had gotten a hairbrush.