Umbrella

When the sun shine, we shine together
Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath, I'ma stick it out to the end

Trixie's POV

"Mommy, mommy, I don't want to eat the vegetables!" Screamed the red-haired boy in front of us.

"Trixie, can you braid my hair when we finish eating?" the little girl next to me asked with a curious smile, to which I just nodded "And can we watch Cinderella? You too can watch it with us, Sammy."

Sam's face was a jewel. Something told me she had a hangover.

We were in dad's new house, along with his new family. His future wife Grace had a couple of red-headed twins, the boy was calmer, and attached to his mother while the girl was a whirlwind. Sam didn't like them, and something told me that the feeling with Grace was mutual.

"Whatever," Sam said without stopping to stare at her food, which I kicked at the sight of Grace's look.

"Trixie," the red-haired woman called me, "How does the tour go?"

"Oh, right now, we're just rehearsing before we start, but it's all going pretty good," I said with a smile.

"I'm so happy for you, princess," dad smiled at me gently before taking my hand "It makes me happy to see you like that."

"Thank you, " I grinned to continue eating.

"What about you, Sam? Do you know which college you're going to apply to?"

"No, first I need to save chemistry, or I won't graduate," she said as if nothing, "Can I have more food? I'm so hungry."

Grace looked at her perplex.

"Honey, you should make room for dessert, Gracie cooked an apple cake, your favorite," dad suggested in an attempt to lighten the mood, but it was useless, when Sam had a hangover her stomach turned into a bottomless hole.

"Oh, don't worry, I still have room," she replied with a smile as more food was served.

"Wow, can I also serve myself more?" Jhonny asked.

"No, you can't," Grace said without taking her eyes off Sam, who ate without caring about anything else.

"But mom, Sam is a girl, and she's eating more than I am."

"It's because I'm a witch, I have bad powers that allow me to eat as much as I want," the blonde replied with a grotesque smile, and the children looked at her with horror.

"Sam..." dad's stern and angry voice warned, but she just rolled her eyes.

The dinner passed as uncomfortable as possible, but we still survived. In the end, we found ourselves in the living room with a little girl sitting on my lap while I was doing braids with glitter, and we saw toy story as the dysfunctional family that we were.

"Are you okay?" I asked Sam, who kept shaking her leg and start sweating.

"I need to get out of here."

I sighed as I finished braiding the girl's hair.

"Done!" I grinned when the girl hugged me, "Lucy, honey, would you come down for a moment?"

"Thanks for combing my hair, you're the best big sister in the world," she said as she stepped off my lap.

"She's not your big sister, she's mine," Sam frowned at what the little girl's lip started to tremble and cried.

"Hey, no, I'm your sister, okay?" Grace looked at Sam with hate as she hugged the girl "But now I need to talk to Sam alone for a moment, can you tell me what happens to woody afterward?"