Nine

Madison smiled as she looked at Carrie. It was the twins birthday and one was excited. Madison loved celebrating her birthday as it was the day she was born. "Mama."

"Hey honey." She said as she picked Carrie up. "Are you going to be a good girl for grandma?"

She nodded making Madison kiss her head. Madison walked downstairs with Carrie in her arms to hear Charlie on the phone. She walked toward the kitchen and stopped. Presents. Two sets making Madison smile as one set was her and the other Bella's. "Happy birthday, Madison."

"Thanks." She said. "Is it alright if I open my gifts later? I need to get Carrie to Esme and head to school to turn in a book."

"Sure." Charlie says. "I know as well as your mother knows that you are a busy woman."

Madison smiled as she knew her parent understand her than most people would. She kissed Charlie's cheek as Carrie hugged him before the two were off. She looked upstairs as she heard Bella and sighed. Why can't she wait for Kayden to turn her instead of pressuring the kid?
~~~
After dropping Carrie off, Edward and Madison arrived at the school in a deep conversation. "Esme is hoping to take Carrie hunting and shopping.."

"Edward, I think its fine because she is growing up in a world that maybe terrifying to some people, but there are some who would like to be friends or find love or in my sister's situation, wants to be turned. I think Carrie going hunting with Esme and Sue and Harry explaining more about what they know about the supernatural can have her more prepared." Madison tells him. "So stop worrying."

"She's my daughter though..."

"Edward Masen Cullen, you let that girl learn." She tells him. "I would want her to know and think about what she wants and who knows. She may find love on the way."

"I don't like the end of that sentence..."

The look on Madison's face made him stop talking. Carrie Swan will learn no matter what Edward says. Alice skipped over and smiled at them. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you, Alice." She said as she took the bag and looked inside. "Please tell me that you didn't."

"Yeah."

"Oh no." She replies.

Edward kissed her head making her look up. "Lets get school over with and head home."
~~~
Madison smiled as she watched Edward dance with Carrie in his arms. Carrie was giggling as she was being swayed. The party was starting soon. Whenever Bella stops fussing or whatever she was doing. "Let me have her." Rosalie said as she held Carrie. "How's my niece?"

"May I have this dance."

Madison smiled as the two started dancing. They never saw Bella, Alice, or Kayden. No one dared to get Madison to watch Bella open her gifts. Madison smiled till she heard Bella announce she had a paper cut. "Oh no." She mumbled.

Madison watched as Edward helped the others with Jasper. Esme brought Carrie over. Once Jasper was out of the room, Madison looked at her sister to see if she was okay to see her bleeding. The damage of the house was something that was unexplainable. Edward looked at Madison and Carrie as Madison walked Carrie upstairs to calm down.
~~~
Edward walked in to see Carrie sleeping. Madison walked out of the bathroom with a towel on and saw Edward. "What now?"

"I don't know." He said as he sat down beside Carrie's sleeping figure and sighed. "I'm sorry for what happened..."

"Edward." Madison said as she walked over to him and sat down beside him. "You have nothing to apologize for." She laid her head on his chest. "What happened was no ones fault. Jasper feels everyone's emotions and you all were hungry because of Bella's scent."

"Thank you." He said.

"Edward, whatever happens, make the right choice." Madison tells him as she kissed him before walking over and grabbing her clothes.

Edward watched Madison walk back in and he knew. He had to make the right choice. He either stays for Madison and Carrie or he leaves.