chapter 9

A\N okay... sooooooo I know your probably mad at me for the last chapter and I'm sorry but I promise good things shall come soon. Okay well I'll let you read now... bye bye.

Kalila's P.O.V

I dragged myself through the day. And I was finally at the last minute of school. My eyes were still puffy from the crying. Everyone asked if I was okay. I just told them I was fine. I never knew I would get this way over a boy.

That's the thing. He wasn't just a boy. He's my mate. My best friend. The boy I love. Even when he was a dog, he always protected me, and we had our like own way of communication. I don't love him like a dog or a best friend.

I accept and love him as my mate. I'm Sure my feelings aren't as strong yet, but I do know that they'll continue to grow.

Ddddddiiiiiinnnggg

That was the school bell. This means I have to meet Alex in front. I'm sure Shawns on his was home already. I sling my backpack over my shoulder and head out the door.

When i got to the front, I saw the Alex's black challenger. He honked and I walked towards his car. I jumped in the passenger seat and we were off.

"Anywhere you want to go?" He asked "I am a bit hungry, remember I couldn't really eat lunch." I said. It was true I barely had anything to eat. I'm starving. Maybe this outing isn't such a bad thing it can help me feel better about today. Or at least take my mind off of things for a couple hours.

We stopped at Carl's Jr and as soon as the food came out I started eating. I didn't care how I appeared, I was starving. I earned a little chuckle from Alex.

"You really were hungry huh?" I nodded and continued eating. "Hey after here I was thinking, would you want to go to the mini golf course?" He got me. I love mini golf it's so much fun... when I can actually get a score.

I nodded fast. And he laughed again. We finished eating, and we headed to the course. It didn't take long. I got the pink club and Alex got the blue one.

Today wasn't my day. I couldn't get a single shot. "Do you need help?" Alex asked I nodded. He came around and behind me and put his arms around me put his hand on top of mine with the golf club.

"See you just aim where you want the ball to go and..." the he guided me to hitting it and it scored. "I did it! I did it!" I cheered happily "I knew you could." Alex said with his arms still wrapped around me. It was starting to feel uncomfortable.

I shrugged him off and finally got out of his grasp and we headed to the next corse my the mini castle. After he taught me I was playing even better then him.

"I should've just let you figure it out... your killing me at this game." Alex said. "Hey! I'm just using your strategy!" He laughed and we kept playing.

Shawns P.O.V

As soon as I got out of school I ran back to the house. I threw the backpack that I used against the house wall. I needed to get out I needed to run.

I saw myself in the mirror my eyes were changing from black to blue. My wolf wants out. I think i might just let him go.

I ran outside and let him take me over completely. I ran and ran and i couldn't stop.

I kept running for about 20 minutes. Everything flying by me like i was in a race car.

I finally stopped by a golf course. I looked through the fence and saw Kalila and Alex. He had is arms around her. I felt my eyes water up. She really is better off without me. She wants him not me.

I have to keep running. I'm scared if I stop, kalila will find me. She won't choose me, she never will. Apparently I've been blind the entire time, I haven't seen how much she likes him, and it's obvious he likes her.

I have to let her go, when we get to the pack I'll find the paper that can break us as mates. It'll be the hardest thing in the world for me to do. But i just want kalila to be happy.

Even if that means letting her go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kalila's P.O.V

It's about 6 P.M. And me and Alex decided to walk around the our shopping district. There was a frozen yogurt shop and her offered to buy me some.

I got just a small amount, I wasn't very hungry, not even for ice cream. We decided to sit on a bench outside and talk for a while.

"I hope today wasn't a fail." Alex said. It wasn't a fail, on the contrary, it was the opposite. I had fun but it wasn't the same... it wasn't...didn't feel right.

But all that sadness I had melted away, I got my mind off of it, and that's what I needed, even for a little while.

"it wasn't a fail, it was pretty awesome to me... thanks." I said. He smiled and continued to eat his yogurt. "Hey were you okay today your eyes were really puffy, it looked like you were crying." Alex asked.

"I just hurt myself, and it hurt. Badly. But I'm fine." I lied. Obviously. But if you think about it, I did hurt myself.

"Are you sure-" "Alex I'm fine honestly" I cut him off. The rest of the time we sat in silence. We stayed sitting like that for a while. About and hour later, he decided he'd take me home.

When we pulled up, I took a second to get my bag, but when i opened the door I turned back and said, "Thanks again" and before he replied he kissed my cheek and said, "not a problem, see you on Monday." After that I got out and waved goodbye.

I walked in and Shawn still wasn't home. I decided, since we were leaving this weekend, to start packing a bag. It didn't take me long, I just packed some leggings, skinny jeans, shorts and tops.

It was now 9 PM and Shawn still wasn't home, I was start ING to get worried. But he didn't have a phone. Great.

He walked inside right after I thought that. "Hey" I said trying to at least talk to him. "Hi" he said planely not even looking at me. It's like he had a switch to emotion and he turned it off.

"Where did you go." I asked. "No where I just ran and... saw some things. I'm gonna go to bed I'm worn out. I'll sleep in your brothers old room." He said as he walked up the stairs.

"But theirs not a bed in there!" I said "I've slept plenty on the ground. Goodnight." He said with a forced attitude. "G-goodnight." I said with my voice breaking.

His harsh words made it hard for me not to cry. I get so relived when he arrives just to see him slam a door in my face. But i guess I deserve it.

I told both guys that I'd have a day with them so no one would get hurt. And the one I didn't want to hurt at all, got hurt the most.