Chapter 19

Kalila's P.O.V

1st day. I was fine, I went and found my aunt Topanga's house, I spent the night there and cried myself to sleep, it finally sunk in. Everything that I learned. And I cried.

She welcomed me and asked what I was doing there, I just said I wanted to visit. The day went on, it felt like it wouldn't end.

2nd day. I went home, mom and dad were at work and there was a note on the fridge.

Kalila,
I see that you went camping, I hope you had fun, but me and your father have to go out on buisness, we'll be gone for about a week or two, your brother will be comming to watch over you.

Not that we don't trust you... it's just you can't even cook Ramen without melting the foam. We'll be back soon okay? I love you sweetheart.

Lots of love,
Mom '

Well at least I had the time to myself before my brother got there.
That day I ordered a pizza watched sad movies on Netflix and never left my bed.

4th day, my brother texted me saying he'll be here on Friday, it's Wednesday, I didn't go to school, and I didn't even care.

And now we're up to the 5th day. Present time, present depressing freaked up life.

This morning I took a shower and I was finally able to relax. But as soon as I sat on my bed a picked up my phone, I had over 46 new messages, and 35 missed calls.

Okay so I haven't checked my phone in a while, I didn't want to. They'd just make me cry.

I snuggled under my blanket and turned on my TV. And for what seems like the billionth time, I switched to Netflix and watched 'the silver linings playbook'.

I readjusted my pillows and as soon as the movie played my phone rang. It was Alison. Even though she's my best friend, I don't even know anymore. I can't talk to her. None of them.

New message!

My phone yelled.

From BFF: please answer me please! I'm dying!

I ignored it.

New message!

New message!

New message!

My phone went on and on. I finally muted it.

Then he texted. And I ignored it. Of course I muted my phone but the buzzing wouldn't stop. So I placed my phone in my brothers room, and I was able to watch my movie in peace.

I wish. I couldn't focus on the movie, I just thought about the pack. About Alison, Nick, Chris, Shawn, even my grandad.

And that's what got continuous streams of tears to come down my face.

It was like someone ripped out my heart and bashed, smashed, and crushed it. And it was on a continuous loop.

My pillow was soaked with tears, and my eyes just kept pouring, and I couldn't stop.

"Kalila."

I knew that voice anywhere. I pulled up my face, and wiped my tears. I turned to look at the boy standing in the door way.

I ripped off my blankets and ran into him. He caught me and wrapped his arms around my back.

"J-jason" I said with my voice cracking and my head buried in his chest.