chapter 21

Jason's P.O.V

"Oh shit is correct," I stated "you have the nerve to hurt my sister, and then shout out and claim her as your girlfriend?! You must be mentally ill" I scoffed.

"Because she was!" He yelled at me.

"What are you not getting at? Shawn, I was, was is past tense." Kalila yelled at him. She took off her pink hat, I think she thought that no one would take her seriously if she continued to wear it.

"Kalila, you don't know the whole story-"

"I know what I saw" kalila cut him off.

Wait. "What did you see?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah remember that time I told you I was crying about grandad, yeah, meet the killer of grandad. Caught on tape." She said with her voice cracking and tears brimming her eyes.

That was it. I saw red. Nothing but red and pure hatred. Without even thinking I walked up to him and punched him in the stomach.

His eyes went from blue to black, and he growled. Damn it. He's a wearwolf too.

Kalila's P.O.V

After I saw Jason punch Shawn, something sparked in me. I don't know what it was but it made me want to help Jason. But it also made me want to defend shawn.

I looked at Jason and his eyes went dark. Like literally changed color.

I must have been caught up in thought because I didn't see when Jason pinned Shawn up against the brick wall.

"Listen here peice of shit, you messed with my sister first which made me want to kill you, and now I find out you killed our grandad? He was closer to us then our own father.

"I'm as strong as a wolf and I don't even work at it, you'll be lucky if you get out of here with a broken rib."

There was fire in Jason's eyes, and not an ounce of fear in Shawns.

Shawn punched him in the stomach and took off running. Jason followed him, running at what seemed like the speed of a GTR.

I hoped in the car and sped off without even looking behind to see I'll there was a car. I pulled out of the parking lot and started down the street.

I'm at lost right now. I don't know how to feel, or how to think. My mind only has one task right now and it's to follow them.

I couldn't see them for miles. At some point I just stopped the car and got out. Something was telling me to go east of here. So I went.

I ran faster then the day I raced Nick on the school track, following the voice that told me where to go.

Then I came to an odly familiar feild. I herd growling and snarling noises and i followed it. But of course I find two dogs fighting.

Is it odd I was expecting it?

And of course, dexter was there, and a dog that I'm assuming is my brother.

I don't know why I'm not going to stop them, but I'm too shocked to even comprehend anything.

I saw slashing, clawing, and blood spilling. But as soon as I saw dexter bite Jason's neck, it was over. He got thrown to the half-dead grassy ground, his eyes were like slits, and he already looked dead.

I ran to him and slid on the ground like how a baseball player does when he's trying to get to a base.

I checked for a pulse, it was shallow. I layed his head on my lap and took off my hoodie and ripped part of the sleeve off. My brother turned back into his human self, and he was out of it.