[ 4 ] true love's kiss

[ word count: 802 ]

y/n's pov

y/n's pov

"okay let's start everyone! we'll base the cast on how comfortable and compatible they are with each other, so let's see some chemistry~" ms. kanroji announced.

once word got out that muichiro would be auditioning, a lot of girls signed up for try outs on the last day. if we had known sooner, we could've gotten out of this mess.

"let's start by seeing which pair could be the prince and who will play snow white! ah..let's see... MUICHIRO! you'll play the prince for this round while we see which lady you work best with!" our teacher continued.

i heard a laugh behind the stage. it was obviously yuichiro. he had been working back stage to help with lights, but i'm sure he just wanted to see his brother perform.

muichiro sat on the edge of the platform that was meant for snow white to lay on after she was poisoned. me, being a little nervous for auditions, stood in the back of the line and was set to go last.

each girl lined up in front of me. as the first girl went up and lied down on the platform, muichiro ignored her. he didn't seem to notice she was there until the girl had nudged his arm.

"oh uh right..what's my line again?..uh..i shall free her with magic..oh wait..i shall free her with a kiss..?" muichiro struggled over his lines. the girl had grown impatient and attempted to pull him down into a kiss, but ms. kanroji had excused her before she went too far.

it went on like this for ALL of the girls who were trying out. muichiro just didn't seem comfortable.

it was a lot worse, since the other boys who were going to audition dropped out of the play after finding out that most of the girls were only there for muichiro. there had only been one other candidate, but he left the theater soon after. he must've felt a little impatient..

and so, muichiro just had to be casted as the prince. there were no other options. yuichiro continued trying to contain his laughter backstage every time muichiro would forget his lines.

"uh..y/n! you're the last one! hopefully you're more worthy of this role..." ms. kanroji murmured the last part.

i walked up to the platform and lied down as if i were sleeping. i felt muichiro's fingers brush my hair out of my face.

"my dear snow white..i must awaken you from this darkness that has stolen you away from me," muichiro stated. huh? well..maybe he finally remembers his lines..?

i felt his hand on my cheek as he leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead. his lips were..soft..cold, but it made me feel warm inside..

i heard the girls around us gasp in shock. i opened my eyes, now locked in muichiro's gaze again as he lifted his lips from my forehead.

"brilliant! you too look splendid together! look at how red ms. y/n is~" mitsuri cooed as she clapped her hands. was i really that red?

i brought a hand to cover my cheeks as muichiro stood back up from his position. the spotlight suddenly turned off and the regular theater lights turned on. did yuichiro leave?

i looked over behind the curtain to see that yuichiro wasn't there anymore. well maybe he wanted to go home early..?

"alright! i think i have an idea of how the cast will look like! obviously our two love birds y/n and muichiro will be the stars of this year's show!" ms. kanroji announced. wow, she really decided that quickly..

"WOOO!! THOSE ARE MY STUDENTS!" i heard mr. uzui come up from one of the seats in the audience. he was slow clapping with a smile on his face.

"that's not fair!"
"y/n doesn't deserve it!"
a lot of the girls started shouting and booing. it made me feel..slightly..sad, and hated..

"selfish delinquents like you girls shouldn't be allowed to pick on y/n just because you're jealous."

muichiro took a step in front of me, crossing his arms and tilting his head as he spoke to the crowd of girls yelling.

"must you always take your anger out on other people?" he asked. the crowd went quiet for a moment before ms. kanroji broke the silence.

"um..alright..no need to fight! i have a part for the rest of you! and..i'll have to try my best to get back some of the boys that dropped out...you're all excused for the day! i'll let the rest of you know your parts through email!" our teacher announced as she excused all of us out of the theater.

muichiro..as my...prince?

prince?