⎡2𝟵⎦

⎡𝗝𝗜𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗚⎦

After dragging the guards around the castle halls for a few minutes, I awkwardly turn around and laugh.

Jisung: I guess it's gone.  I wonder where it went.

The guards look at each other and then back at me.

Guard: Prince, are you okay? Are you sure there was really something?

Jisung: O-of course! Are you doubting me?

Guard: Not at all-

He gets cut off by a beep coming from his phone.

He takes it out of his pocket and his eyes widen.

Guard: Gosh, the demons escaped!

I mentally cheer as I try to suppress my smile.

Jisung: Really? When?

Guard: Just now, when you called us to- wait... do you have something to do with this, prince?

Jisung: N-no... why would I?...

Father: Jisung.

I turn around and see my father standing near us, his face red with anger.

Father: Follow me. We need to talk.

I nod and slowly follow him to his chamber.

Father: Jisung, I don't get what you're doing! I know you helped those demons escape! Why?! Why are you taking their side?!

Jisung: They've done nothing wrong...

Father: What do you mean?!  They kidnapped you! They could've killed you!

Jisung: But they didn't. They even got hurt to save me. They're nice-

Father: Shut up! I don't care what you feel about them! They are demons and they deserve to die! They are evil!

Jisung: You're calling them evil? What about you? How long did you think you hide it from me?

Father: Are you crazy? What have I hidden from you?

Jisung: I don't know, maybe that I'm half demon? That my mother was a demon? And that you left her when you found out?

His eyes widen slightly and he steps back.

Father: Who told you this?

Jisung: That doesn't matter. He's dead anyway. But tell me, how long were you going to keep this a secret? You hate demons so much, so why don't you hate me?

Father: Because you're my son! I only kept it a secret to protect you!

Jisung: No! If you kill demons, then you have to kill me too!

Father: Don't test me, Han Jisung! I'm not only your father, I'm also your king. Stop with the attitude!

Jisung: Fine! Just disregard everything I say like you always do! It's not like you care about my feelings anyway!

Before he has the chance to do anything, I quickly run out of the room.

I head to my room and throw myself onto the bed.

Why can't he just admit that he was wrong to hate demons?

He was in love with one after all, so why does he dislike them so much now?

I just don't understand!