Chapter 6

[Hey! Look who's not dead! I know it's been a few months and I'm sorry but... school. I'm hoping you'll understand, even though it's a one-word excuse.
Also the song is Lover Dearest by Marianas Trench, I just love it sooooo much!!!Enjoyyyyyyyyyy the sloppy writing!!!]

Gabbie's POV:
Ok, so he's not mad, he just smiled at me, but it wasn't a big smile though, maybe he's laughing at me? What does he know that I don't, does he know about Matt, and mocking me because of my pain?

I deserve the pain, definitely yes, after what I did, to my best friends at my old school. I had to miss meeting up with them, just so they wouldn't get hurt, then I ignored them. I guess I was annoyed at them because I was covering their unknowing asses from the year 11 bullies. One of them sent me a text, saying they'd get them, Libby and Kennedy, if I didn't do what they said. I didn't want them to hurt my friends, of course I didn't. The I got into an argument because I left them. I acted like a bitch with them the next day, like I didn't just leave them and give them no explanation.

Maybe I should try meet up with them, apologise to them, tell them what happened. I'm not sure if that'll help my bad karma but I can try.

No. They'd never forgive me, and I can see exactly why.

So why did Josh just smile at me then?

I was pulled out of my thoughts as I felt a hand on my leg, Matt, again. I squirmed under his touch in discomfort, trying to get his hand away. But it wouldn't move off my leg.

I looked at him, only to see him looking at the teacher, smirking slightly.

No, not again, this can't happen again. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to think of something else but the memories. It wasn't working one bit though.

He moved his hand upwards, off of my knee and onto my inner thigh. If he continued the way he was going, I might of had a panic attack.

No, I would of had a panic attack. The bitter memories flooded my head, drowning me in mental agony, I couldn't take this anymore.

The image of a year 11 boy took over my mind, Toby Ingham, the 'ring leader' of the group, so to speak. He did the most damage to me out of the whole group, physically and mentally.

I squeezed my eyes shut tighter and breathed deeply over and over.

I couldn't get away from this one, I couldn't get away from Matt.

I was pulled out of my suffocating bubble by the school bell, signalling the end of class.

"You okay babe?"
I could only reply with a "mhmm" in agreement. I needed to get some air.

"I need to go, see ya later."

My eyes were still closed firmly. How could he not see that I'm not okay?

I got up and ran down the hall, I couldn't breathe.

Air. I need air.

I couldn't tell where I was anymore, the hallways grew silent, everyone had left for their next class.

Everyone except four people, standing at the end of the hall. I couldn't see who it was, my vision was blurred, I really needed to calm down.

They started walking towards me, each footstep echoed.

Their figures became clearer as they approached.

No. It can't be...