Chapter 14

Gabbie's POV:
It's been a week since me and Josh had started dating, and trust me, he just got cuter and cuter. I felt nervous for the date tonight, but a good nervous. Not the kind of nervous I felt around Matt, that was fear. But with Josh I just felt so alive and happy.

I hadn't felt that for a long time.

I put my makeup on clumsily, trying to even out my eyeliner on both sides. I tried to go for natural looking eyeliner but now it had just managed to ba one so thick it would probably reach my eyebrows soon. I skipped over the black lipstick which was laying within the pile of makeup, almost as much as what was on my face right now.

Walking over to my closet I opened the door and stared at the wad of black hanging there. I picked out a Nirvana tee and a pair of ripped skinny jeans to go with them. Not to seem too conceited but my butt did always look good in black skinny jeans.

I then turned my attention to my hair, fussing with my bangs a little and flattening down bits of hair that were already okay.

Oh god I was nervous.

Gabbie it's nothing, it's not like he's a stranger and it's a blind date!

I tried to busy myself within a game on my phone for the five minutes I had spare until Josh came to pick me up.

The doorbell rang and I looked out my window to see a shadow in the light.

He was here!!!

I ran down the stairs, almost tripping halfway to the bottom and tried to compose myself a little before opening the door to a smiling Josh.

"Hey."
"Hey."

I smiled more as he kissed my cheek, pulling me out of the door quickly.

"So where are we going?" I asked
"I dunno, where do you wanna go?"
I thought for a moment
"I got a place, come on."

I almost dragged his arm off as I pulled him down little alleys and grass areas to the destination.

I'd never told anyone about this place before. It's where I came if I was feeling...Bad. Yeah, that's a good way to put it.

We arrived at the vast wooded area just as the sky began to turn orange. I sped up, not wanting to miss it.

I dragged Josh up the hill by his hand, he didn't need dragging I just wanted to feel him a little.

After a little bit of walking I sat down on the little mat I always left here.

Josh sat down next to me and looked out.

We were on a bank of a deep valley, looking down on the busy towns and roads far away, the orange sun slowly disappearing behind the horizons.

"Beautiful." He stated
"Yeah, it is."
"I wasn't talking about the view."

I turned in his direction, realising that he was looking at me. I smiled, kissing him gently for a while before pulling away and resting my head on his shoulder.

Time to tell him the truth about this...