Chapter 4

[OMG! I was actually bothered to update!!! I thought I would focus on Gabbie in this chapter entirely because I thought it was important that her background is included so yeah. This chapter's dedicated to Music_life_magic, Libby who is fab and Kennedy rose-Forde who have both helped me with my first fanfic and have given me tips throughout :)]

Gabbie's POV:
He leaned closer to me. it was like he read my mind. I leaned in as well. I remembered what Matt said for a moment, "you do what I tell you to, okay?" He'd claimed me, if I kissed Josh, Matt might, no, would hurt me again. He'd shown that I was his property now.

I had to get away, I got up just as he leaned closer and ran out the door. it hurt to do that, but I knew a pain much worse that would happen to me if I did kiss Josh, a physical pain I wanted to avoid.

I didn't know exactly where I was going but thanks to Josh I kind of knew where I was. The bell went again to signify the end of break. I was in the history block, just where I needed to be, I hope I didn't have to talk to Josh again, or even see him, I know I was meant to have good feelings towards y friends but after what happened in the music room? I think we both needed some time to think about stuff.

Someone grabbed my arm, joy spread through me, thinking it was Josh!

"Miss me?"
No, it was Matt.
"Hey again" I replied cheerfully.

He seemed calm again. his hand slid down my arm to my hand. I suppose he wasn't that bad... most of the I couldn't get my head round him though, one minute he's aggressive and abusive, next he's sweet? I didn't question him though; in not an idiot. he pulled me into a seat beside him. I can do this. I giggled half- heartedly as I stumbled ungracefully into the chair. Ian and Mike sat to the left of me like they were watching me.

Matt still didn't let go of my hand.

"Matt, I kind of need my hand back, I'm right handed."

I smiled shakily, weary of what he would do, he squeezed my hand and let do. this could be easy, if I just did what I was told, he wouldn't hurt me.

Josh walked in, his eyes were red and puffy and his cheeks were wet. He'd been crying, did I do that? I wanted to go up to him and make up for I had missed before I ran away. I needed to go to him; but I couldn't, it crushed me.

He glared at me as he walked past and sat down, then I knew I'd done that to him, he hated me now. It hurt me so much to admit it. I couldn't deal with that now though, I had another problem sat on my right.

I knew this routine well enough though, betraying my best friends. that was why I left my last school, I couldn't handle the hatred I had caused Kennedy Rose-Forde, Libby Wood and Callum Hood, my three best, and only friends, I couldn't face the guilt. I let them down too many times, I was too faced, bitchy to them; if I could show them I've changed, I'd do anything in the world to show them I've changed. Obviously I haven't changed though, I didn't mean to but I let Josh down.

I'm gonna make it up, somehow.