Chapter 2: STRANGE ENCOUNTER

Audio titled: THEREFORE I AM

Chapter
II
Strange Encounter
(At least He would have a Story to Tell)

***

The words sounded much more definite

The words sounded much more definite... than the usual statements.

Jong Woo felt a sudden chill shoot through his entire body, and he quickly looked away.

That was, without a doubt, equally the weirdest and most terrifying thing he had experienced in his entire life.

Jong Woo stood perfectly still for a long moment, and could only whisper. "That was..."

He grasped for an appropriate reaction, but found almost nothing suitable. "...unpleasant."

Yes, that was the best and only way to describe it, even though the man was handsome but the way he act... Jong Woo felt strange.

"My God, I do apologize!" exclaimed Su Jung Hwa. "I doubt Moon Jo would have actually done anything to harm you, but this is kind of the reason why this is a private wing."

Maybe they should up their security.

Jong Woo shook his head as if to clear it. "No, that's quite alright. My fault."

He made a mental note to either get a map of this place or have his brother meet him outside next time.

The last thing he needed was a repeat of—well, whatever that had been.

He followed Jung Hwa's lead down the path he was supposedly should have taken, and the shock he had been feeling grew less apparent with every step.

After about two minutes, Jong Woo finally spoke again.

"Can I ask what's...well, wrong with that man?"

He knew the question was intrusive, but somehow, he didn't care.

Jong Woo just wanted to know.

Jung Hwa turned her head towards him and blinked a few times. "I'm afraid that's confidential."

She said it in a way that suggested she had repeated the same words on many occasions, and they had become almost instinctual.

She paused for a moment and finally sighed. "To tell you the truth, he just checked in today. We aren't sure. That's really all I should say."

Jong Woo nodded, blinking a few times in an attempt to clear the encounter from his mind.

Well, at least he would have a story to tell.

"I see." That was the last thing he said. The rest of the walk passed in silence.

Minutes later, they finally passed a sign that said 'hospice.'