Chapter 3: HATED THEM

Audio titled: PANIC ROOM

Chapter
III
Hated Them
(Wanted Each & Everyone to Die)

***

Surely, someone was coming

Moon Jo was absolutely positive. He sat in the commons, visitors for others swarming around him, searching for a familiar face. He watched and wait...

Surely, someone will come...

And most of all, for his little dear.

Surely they were coming.

They had to. They had to...

Moon Jo's hands curled into fish. It was beginning to hurt him, but he didn't mind. He was far too busy watching to notice, anyway.

Despite the symphony of noise around him, the ticking of the clock suddenly became the only sound Moon Jo could hear. It echoed in his ears like a gunshot every second, shaking him to the core, reminding him of all everyone and everything he would much rather forget. It was enough to drive any man mad.

Moon Jo finally looked up, taking in the faces of those around him. He suddenly hated them all, suddenly wanted each and every one of them to leave, to die, to get out of his sight...

To murder them.

And slowly, they did. The visitors began to trickle out and the patients began to go back to their own rooms.

Moon Jo was torn between being relieved or devastated. But still, he didn't lose hope. He continued to watch the door, waiting.

He stayed that way until the room grew empty and cold, until the sun disappeared beyond the horizon.

His heart jumped to his throat when a figure approached him, and for just a moment, the world burst into color again. Yes, someone had come—

"You do realize this happens everyday, right? It isn't as if this was your last chance."

Oh. Deuk Soo...

The fire Moon Jo had felt died in a mere instant. He looked up momentarily, barely able to make out his silhouette now that the curtains had been drawn. He could see the Deuk Soo's shape outlined by a distant light.

Moon Jo frowned. These were not the features he wished to see. He wanted to see black hair, deep brown eyes... He opened his mouth to speak but found he was too exhausted to even form the words. Instead, he simply nodded.

"Cheer up. I'm sure whoever you want to come will turn up eventually."

Eventually...

That would never cut it, Moon Jo couldn't be sure if he even believed it. Not up to argue or even think about it, he simply nodded again. It was all he had the energy to do.