Chapter 5: SENSELESS IDEA

Audio titled: MONSTER

Chapter
V
Senseless Idea
(At Worst and Unconventional At Best)

***

When it came to Seo Moon Jo, Jung Hwa was sure about only one thing: She was glad he had been sedated in time

Moon Jo was an odd case. The man was practically a tower, but his eyes were kind, his voice was deep husky soft, and if one didn't know better, they would think he was a gentle gorgeous giant with a sarcastic flair. And most of the time that was exactly what Moon Jo was.

But he would not be here if it was that innocent... that simple.

There were hidden meanings lurking behind Moon Jo words, storms thrashing in his black eyes that he might have not even been aware of himself.

Today's session had proved that. It had been cut short when Moon Jo suddenly snapped, lurched up from his seat and attempted to bludgeon Jung Hwa with a paperweight, all because he was convinced she had taken his 'little darling' away from him. Thankfully, Jung Hwa had quick reflexes and an orderly on the other side of the door armed with a sedative.

Hours later when Moon Jo woke up he was back to his gentle, confident, calm self. He had absolutely no memory of the outburst.

Even though Moon Jo was a ticking bomb of emotions stronger and perhaps deadlier than earthquakes, Jung Hwa was fairly certain she had never treated someone who cared as much as she did.

Once the tornado prowling within Moon Jo screeched to a halt and he came back to himself, all he seemed to care about were the people he—for whatever reason—had vowed to protect... even if the same sentiment were never returned...

That broke Moon Jo each and every time, whether it was as simple as not having visitors on his first day at the hospital or as serious as the other young men he thought were his friends saying they never wanted to see Moon Jo again.

Jung Hwa couldn't even get him to talk about it. Moon Jo always shrugged the incidents off as 'misunderstandings.' She had always had patients who resisted treatment, sure, but it was far less common to get patients that simply didn't understand anything was wrong.

Jung Hwa had dealt with plenty like him before—men with violent tendencies they denied, ones whose emotions dove and rose as abruptly as a roller coaster speeding down a track—but Jung Hwa had never dealt with Moon Jo. And frankly, she was not sure if she was even ready to.

Jung Hwa was at a loss.

She suspected Moon Jo to have borderline personality disorder, but she could not make that diagnosis concrete unless she was able to at least partially understand him. Since Moon Jo refused to take Jung Hwa seriously, she was beginning to believe that doing that alone would be impossible.