Chapter 7: GROUP THERAPHY

Audio titled: ANGRY TOO

Chapter
VII
Group Therapy
(The Worst Part Ever Happened)

***

Jung Hwa hadn't been kidding

Jung Hwa hadn't been kidding. The morning after the insane man blew into the hospital like a rouge tornado, Moon Jo returned from his nerve-wrecking shower to see him occupying the spare bed.

This time, his demeanor was more befitting of a light breeze. He was lying down, knees curled close to his chest, staring at the wall as if it were interesting. "Excuse me, but what are you doing here?" said Moon Jo.

The man rolled over and looked up. "Oh," he said. "Hey... My name is Yoo Ki Hyeok."

"Ki Hyeok." Moon Jo didn't like the way the word felt on his lips. "You're the crazy one who caused such a disturbance last night, if I am not mistaken?"

For a moment, Ki Hyeok actually looked confused. Then, his expression changed to one of annoyance. "Look, I don't even know how I got here, alright? That was all him. Not me. I can't control the shit he does."

Moon Jo blinked. He had grown accustomed to being around insanity, but this was definitely new. "I don't understand," he said. "You are the same man who—"

"No," said Ki Hyeok immediately. "It's not me." His voice was almost strained and his face had grown tense. He ran his fingernails down the pale skin of his arm, leaving faint red marks in their wake.

"Then, who was it last night, hmm? I believe you don't have an imaginary twin like Deuk Soo. So, it is definitely you." Moon Jo smiled mockingly at Ki Hyeok.

Ki Hyeok swallowed hard and ran a hand frantically, almost violently through his hair. "Anyway," he said, a suspicious shaking in his voice, "that wasn't me. I'm... dissociative. Look, I just met you, I don't want to get into this." His voice dropped off near the end of the sentence.

Moon Jo was no closer to understanding, and frankly, he was beginning to feel annoyed. He supposed Ki Hyeok was crazier than he thought. "But you are the same man who—"

"What are you talking about you piece of garbage!" Ki Hyeok had gone from nearly whispering to screaming. He jerked into a standing position, his eyes wild, and took a deliberate step towards Moon Jo with bared teeth.

Moon Jo was actually shocked. He seemed like a completely different person than he was just moments ago. "I'm the goddamn Emperor!"

"The Emperor?" All Moon Jo could do was repeat it. What a lie... should I shut him up?

Ki Hyeok smirked and gave a short, strangled laugh. He brought his hand to his chest triumphantly. "I'm the Empero. I'm great, and you're just a pathetic peasant. You're nothing compared to me." His smile fizzled and died. Then, he jerked his arm forward and grabbed hold of the collar of Moon Jo's black shirt.