Chapter 11: HOW ARE YOU?

Audio titled: BREATHIN

Chapter
XI
How Are You?
(I'm Doing Fine...)

***

Jong Woo really tried to forget

He tried to move past it.

He tried to focus on all the other things that he knew were far more important.

But in the end, he found himself completely unable to stop thinking about Seo Moon Jo.

Jong Woo thought about him even if it had been almost a week. He knew it was laughable at best and utterly insane at worst, but no matter how true that was, it did nothing to stop the torrents of unreasonable thought swirling around in his mind. Moon Jo was completely unlike anyone Jong Woo had ever met. In fact, he was unlike everything Jong Woo thought it was possible for a person to be.

Moon Jo's eyes seemed so gentle but held a million things behind them, his passion seemed so misplaced and ridiculous yet genuine all at the same time, and for the love of god, the guy owned a goddamn flower shop.

The restaurant was not crowded that particular day. Jong Woo had no need to cook or manage the budget or keep his employees in line, meaning there was nothing left for him to do other than sit around and revel in these troublesome, stubborn thoughts.

Clattering of pots and jumbled conversation filtering out from another room served as some kind of distraction, but it was not enough.

He was fairly sure that if a meteorite was to fall to the earth and cause a deafening boom, it still wouldn't be enough noise to pull his thoughts away from Moon Jo.

Jong Woo leaned against his office chair and sighed. This was so unlike him. He was never one for petty daydreaming, and yet that had been exactly what he had been doing all day.

The phone seemed to mock him from the corner of the desk. Jong Woo had promised to call Jung Hwa again once he had made a decision about coming again, and he had reached his decision quite some time ago... but that was not to say that he wanted to admit that decision to himself or anyone else.

He sighed resignedly, told himself again that this was only for the small amount of money he was given, yet he finally gave in and picked up the phone. It rang for both too long and not long enough.

"Hello?" answered Jung Hwa.

"Afternoon, Dr. So." Jong Woo drummed his fingers against the wood of the desk, nervous and unsure of what to make of it. The feeling was absurd. "It's Jong Woo."