Chapter 26: GOODLUCK

Audio titled: OK NOT TO BE OK

Chapter
XXVI
GoodLuck
(That, I might Need)

***

They eventually ended up in the hospital's cafeteria

As Seok Yu devoured a sushi roll like he hadn't seen food in at least ten years, Jong Woo sipped at the weakest cup of coffee he had ever tasted and tried to collect his thoughts.

It was a lost cause. "So," Jong Woo said eventually, "who do you know here?"

Seok Yun suddenly lost interest in eating. He set down his sushi roll, looked at the far wall and said, "Her name is Bo Min." His grin resurfaced, if only faintly. The name seemed a bit familiar... "We were friends in high school. I decided to try and find her the other month, and here we are. What's your story?"

Jong Woo began to feel even stranger than he already did. Seok Yun's story took seconds to explain, and it made sense.

Jong Woo was almost completely certain his made none. "His name is Seo Moon Jo."

His throat felt thick as he said his name, the feeling only intensifying as he struggled for an explanation. "I ran into her when I was trying to find a different wing. Dr. Su asked me to come back." That was about five percent of the story, but it was enough.

Jong Woo shrugged. "And here we are."

"Really? That's not what I expected." Seok Yun looked at him for a moment before breaking off with a light laugh. "Jung Hwa has a weird way of doing her job."

"You know Dr. Su?"

"Well, I would sure hope so. She's my cousin."

Maybe that was why Seok Yun seemed familiar. "Huh," he said. "Small world."

"It sure is." Seok Yun twisted the rather large ring on his finger—too gaudy to be a wedding band. "What's yours here for? Bo Min has heart disorder and hypersomnia." He said it so casually, as if he had explained this time and time again.

If there was one thing Jong Woo was sick of doing, it was telling people things they had no business knowing.

But he couldn't help but feel Seok Yun was trustworthy, or at least that he understood. "Borderline personality disorder."

"Oh. Can't say I know too much about that one. I didn't know much of anything about mental illness or diseases either, but it got to be necessary, you know?" Seok Yun bit into the sushi roll and proceeded to speak with his mouth full. "Dealing with all of this takes some getting used to, I'll tell you what. Must be even worse for the people who live here. You know what Bo Min told me today? She walked into her friend's room last evening to see her friend's roommates beating the ever living shit out of each other."