Chapter 25: DON'T VISIT

Audio titled: ALWAYS, I'LL CARE

Chapter
XXV
Don't Visit
(It's Probably Best)

***

Jong Woo woke the next morning with Moon Jo's shirt pressed to his face

This time he did not feel hung over, did not feel suffocated by fragmented memories.

He felt calm.

If he was going to be completely, totally honest with himself for the first time in what seemed like ages, he could even say he felt... happy.

Not bored, not stressed, not fearful, and not overwhelmingly, horribly confused, but happy.

Jong Woo smiled against the soft fabric. For once he couldn't wait to get up.

Jong Woo felt almost too light as he went about his day.

The morning had passed in a flurry of excitement and muted nerves, and somewhere in the midst of it Jong Woo remembered he'd plans to see his brother right after he planned to see Moon Jo.

That only widened his smile—it was just another thing to look forward to.

Finally, he would be able to reconnect with his brother.

From the moment he got out of bed to the moment he arrived at the hospital, Jong Woo couldn't keep that smile off his face.

He was fairly certain he would never stop.

That held true until Jong Woo actually reached the psychiatric ward. The moment he arrived, he knew something was wrong.

For one thing, Moon Jo didn't rush out to meet him. In fact he was nowhere to be seen at all. Neither was Ki Hyeok.

The person to eventually approach him was Jung Hwa, and just like everything else, something seemed off about her as well.

Her eyes were rimmed in dark circles, her clothes were askew, and the moment she looked at Jong Woo her expression twisted into something that was almost a grimace.

Jong Woo tried to ignore his quickly rising suspicions. "Afternoon, Dr. So. Where is Moon Jo?"

"Moon Jo is..." Jung Hwa paused, sighed, and shook her head. "We need to talk, Jong Woo. Please step into my office."

She spoke more seriously than she ever had.

The vague feeling of wrongness quickly growing to be overpowering, Jong Woo shuffled along behind her.

Jung Hwa shut the door with such force that Jong Woo flinched. She spoke with her back to him. "There was an incident with Moon Jo's roommate last night."

"Incident?" Judging by what Moon Jo had said about those two, Jong Woo was hardly surprised.

He continued without thinking about the words, confused and unsure how to deal with it. "The twin guy or the Emperor of korea?"