Chapter 18: FAMILY THERAPY

Audio titled: GOOD THING

Chapter
XVIII
Family Therapy
(Didn't Feel Laughing Anymore)

***

Just as expected, the hall cleared out the moment Ki Hyeok decided to stop playing

Moon Jo, Jae Ho and Deuk Soo got up and returned to their respective rooms without a word to each other, and Ki Hyeok disappeared in the other direction.

Moon Jo was able to fall asleep in his room, and this time, he dreamt only of Jong Woo. For once, he was calm.

The next morning, things went back to the tense, cold, unfriendly atmosphere they considered normal.

It was comforting, somehow.

But there was nothing normal or comforting about Jae Ho's sudden announcement that morning: In just a few days, they would be starting family therapy.

Family members had already been notified, somehow, because privacy did not exist in this place.

Oh well. Moon Jo was certain his family wouldn't come.

After the explosion that took place last night, why would they? Moon Jo didn't even want them to come.

He wanted to forget the phone call, forget he had told them anything, forget any of what he told them had even happened in the first place.

He removed these thoughts from his mind through simple means—whenever they passed through his mind, threatened to destroy his world again, Moon Jo did one of two things: pinch, or bit down on the inside of his mouth.

He was only satisfied when he felt pain or tasted blood.

Days passed, and he could tell it was beginning to work.

Moon Jo could sense it. Maybe he shouldn't even be in this place.

He could very easily take care of these little 'problems' himself. Actually, he was certain he shouldn't be here. But no matter how well he was doing on his own, he continued to take the pills that he was still suspicious of.

They were becoming easier to swallow, almost a routine.

He did it for Jong Woo.

Eventually, the first day of this supposed 'family therapy' came around.

Moon Jo was hardly concerned anymore. So while family members of other patients filtered in, he simply sat and observed.

It was quite a sight when three men with varying shades of red hair burst in and nearly assaulted Deuk Soo, speaking on top of each other with accents that all managed to be more obnoxious than his.

A rather meek woman was barely able to make it through the door before Jae Ho pounced on her and kissed her in a way that was borderline obscene, only to be shoved off and sworn at moments later.