New Life, New Fears

Hey Everyone, it's Malie! You know, Maui's daughter, Demigoddess of the wind and sea. That used to be my title, but after the defeat of Maleficent, Champion of Auradon has been added to that. When my VK friends first came to Auradon, their goal was to steal Fairy Godmother's Wand and take down the barrier covering the Isle. But, thanks to the help of Ben, former Prince and now King of Auradon, and yours truly, we were able to convince them to not do that, but also to turn to the side of Good. To make a long story short, it's now six months later, and three days until the Royal Cotillion. I haven't gotten any more tattoos, but it's just a matter of time before I do. Now, onto the story, this one is a little more hectic than the last.

As clothes were being thrown at me every which way, the thought that was at the forefront of my mind was Why was I friends with Evie again? When the bluenette had shoved a dress and heels into my arms and into my bathroom I came to my answer

As clothes were being thrown at me every which way, the thought that was at the forefront of my mind was Why was I friends with Evie again? When the bluenette had shoved a dress and heels into my arms and into my bathroom I came to my answer. Right, Evie has a killer fashion sense. Evie had made me dress in a sleeveless, halter neck, emerald green dress and matching heels. She let me keep my necklace and green hair scarf, thank the Gods. After receiving my Tattoo after the defeat of Maleficent, I have refused to let Evie dress me in anything with sleeves. I have earned this Tattoo, and I am showing it off as much as I can. Evie had told me to meet her and Mal in their room for Mal's dress fitting. I greeted people along the way, smiling and waving. When I reached my friend's room, I knocked and entered. "Hello!" I exclaimed happily, prancing into the room.

"Hey, Malie." Evie greeted from behind Mal on the podium in the middle of the room. The, now blonde, Daughter of Maleficent was wearing a sleeveless yellow dress that had blue designs on the chest. There were ruffles on it that went to the floor. Evie pulled Mal's shoulders back, and then tightened something. Mal let out a choked gasp.

"Ok, Evie, I can not breathe." Mal complained. Evie lifted Mal's arm.

"Well, you can breathe after Cotillion." Evie said. I fell onto the bed closest to the window, relaxing against the pillows.

"I sincerely doubt that. I have at least twenty more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is."

"One of them is a festival in Motunoui." I reminded her, sitting up slightly. "But don't worry, Miss Mal, I will be right beside you."

"Thank you, Malie." I smiled at her.

"Impeccable." Evie muttered.

"Evie?" Mal called softly.

"Hmm?" Evie replied.

"Do you ever think what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle." My eyes widened slightly, and I sat up a little straighter. Evie gave a sarcastic laugh,

"That's funny." Music began to play from the TV in the room. "Ah! Look who's on TV!" Evie squealed. I stood up as Evie helped Mal off the podium. I crossed my arms and joined the two as we gazed up at the TV. Mall sat down on the end of her bed as I watched a recording of Mal sitting with Ben, Aladdin and Jasmine.

"As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine." I saw Mal spit something into a napkin, I smirked. Despite how poised Mal has become, table manners is still not her strong suit. "Six months ago, no one thought King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last."

"Yeah...no kidding." Mal muttered.

"Mal must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion, where she will officially become a Lady of the Court."

"I never thought I'd see the day." I admitted to Evie, my eyes still attached to the TV. "Where Auradonian's and VK's lived together like this."

"Me too." Evie replied.

"Read it fast at lightning speed, remember everything I need." Mal recited rapidly. Evie and I turned and watched as Mal cast a spell on her book. She opened it and turned every page, skimming through the words. Evie and I approached her.

"I know Mal's secret to fitting in~" I sang, stepping closer to her. Mal glanced up at us before going back to her book. "Come on, Mal, haven't secrets become like a moot concept between you and Ben." My Mini-Malie frowned at Mal, slapping her Tattoo counterpart on my shoulder. "See, even Mini-Me is mad at you."

"Malie, you remember what I was like before I started using my spell book, I mean I was a complete disaster."

"Well, personally as one of your best friends, I strongly believe that this spell book..." Evie started as she grabbed Mal's book,

"Hey!"

"It should be in the Museum with Evie's mirror." I told the blonde softly. Mal let her hands, and her book, rest in her lap as she stuck out her bottom lip, giving us the puppy dog eyes. "No, don't give us that face, it won't work on us." Mal just intensified the puppy dog eyes and deepened her pout.

"Put the pout away." Evie ordered. Mal avoided our eyes, and I smirked in victory. "Mm-hmm. You know we're right."

"You don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?" Mal asked.

"Like stealing and lying and fighting?"

"Yeah!"

"No!"

"What?"

"Why would we?" Evie grabbed Mal's hands and pulled the blonde to her feet, "M, come here." Evie dragged Mal towards the TV, me trailing behind. "Look at where we are, were in Auradon! And were Auradon girls now."

"Since Mal revealed her love of strawberries, she has received hundreds of cartons from her admirers." The TV lady said. The TV showed Mal and Ben sitting down enjoying the aforementioned fruit. I gave a little squeal, squeezing Mal's shoulders.

"See, This is the land of opportunity." Evie said.

"Evie's right." I agreed. "You guys can do whatever you want, be whoever you want to be."

"So, please, let's just leave the past in the past, ok? Besides. I mean, look at the shoes." Evie picked up a boot from the table in front of her, "Look at them." Mal and I gave a small laugh.

"Severe."

"They look like a walking death trap." I commented.

"Say's the woman wearing heels." Evie said.

"You forced me into them!"