Chapter 7: Captain America

[( Secret Base, Brooklyn, New York)(1943)]

Steve POV:

"Think you got enough?" I exclaimed politely to the nurse who was taking a lot of my blood.

Getting up I moved my body to where Peggy was standing ready files.

"Any hope of reproducing the program is locked in your genetic code. But without Dr. Erskine, it would take years" Peggy looks up.

"he deserved more than this". I start looking around the room, trying to think of anything else.

"if it could work only once, he'd be proud it was you". I looked down at Peggy with a sad but lifted smile but then remember someone.

"Do you know where Elaya is?"

"I haven't seen her since the Day you've got the serum and when Dr. Erskine passed when we ran out after that Hydra Soldier" walking back down the hallway towards the room where everyone was waiting to see what was needed.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Elaya POV:

Standing in the shadows of the room practically invisible, I waited for the talking to start. Nobody had seen me since I broke down in Abe's hospital room a couple days ago, i didn't want pity looks and all.

Coming around the corner was Colonel Philips and Senator Brandt who I didn't know would still be here. Getting closer to hear what they said but not enough to show myself I heard

" Hydra is the Nazi deep-science division. It's led by Johann Schmidt. But he has much bigger ambitions" " Hydra is practically a cult. They worship Schmidt. They think he's invincible".

Senator then spoke up, hearing enough about Hydra.
"So,what are you going to do about it?"

"I spoke to the president this morning. As of today the SSR is being re-task" Phillips walked around Howard who was trying to figure out a machine that was bought in but appeared to have no luck.