Chapter 27: Interrupted.

[(Washington D

[(Washington D.C.)]

Coming back into the world, I felt that I was a moving. I opened my eyes but immediately shut them due to the power light that was blinding.

"Laya!" I heard a voice call through my ringing ears.

"Yeah!...." I answered, still with my eyes closed.

"Open you eyes for me...." I peel my eyes open to see that we were in the car, driving back home.
The last thing I remember was.....

Camp Lehigh and Zemo.

I moved my eyes around to see both Nat, who looked to be in tough shape and Steve, who was calling me.

"Hey......" I say to both of them.

"What happened to you?" Nat groaned as she moved to face me.

I thought back to what had happened.

"I was holding a barrier over my head as you two went down the hole but something hit my arm, making me drop the shield and I was hit in the head and everything went black" I explain, feeling the back of my head.

"You okay though?" Steve asks me, sounding worried.

"Yep.... ouch yeah I'm okay" I moved mr body and hit my side which was in pain.

"You okay? you too" I ask both of them.

"Yeah" Nat said.

"I'm okay" Steve said

✯✯✯

"Hey, man" Sam voice was heard, as I got myself out of the car painfully as Steve helped Nat, after I told him to help her not me.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low" Steve stated to Sam.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us" Sam pauses a moment before replying.

"Not everyone" Sam lets them enter, as I stumble around and inside.

"Hey Sam!" I say to him, as he helped me inside.

"Go through there and get cleaned up" he said to me, pointing down the hallway.

Washing myself was hard, due to myself healing. I felt a presence behind me, I knew who it was.

"You cleaned up?" I say to them.

"Yeah" Steve responded, as I scrubbed the blood and dirt of my face in the bathroom mirror.