Chapter 26: A Punch!

[(Wheaton, New Jersey)]

Sitting in that car was so awkward. I had know clue what to say, chiming in when needed. We were on our way to New Jersey. The only place I knew that was there was where Steve and I worked in the 40s.

Camp Lehigh.

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" Nat asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Nazi Germany" Steve responded, turning his head to me slightly, i didn't look at him. I don't want to give him satisfaction, even if I really wanted to.

"Mm" Nat mumbled, knowing that Steve wasn't listening.

"And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash" Natasha takes her feet off the dash.

"Alright, I have a question for you, oh, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?" Nat asked, I listened in on what Nat was talking about.

"What?" Steve questioned.

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?" I let out a laugh behind my hand, as I leaned on the window.

"That bad, huh?" Steve uttered, looking straight forward.

"I didn't say that" my mind went back to when I saw it.

"Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying"

"No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you've had"

"You don't need practice" Steve answered.

"Everybody needs practice"

"You got that right!" I answered, speaking for the first time in a while.

"It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm ninety-five, I'm not dead"

"Yet!..." I muttered, getting a glare for Steve which made me smile brightly.

"Nobody special, though?" Steve chuckles.

"U...uhmmm well kind of, it's just hard to say anything to them and......" My heart sped up at thinking who he was talking about?

"Well, that's alright, you just make something up" Nat stated.

"What, like you?"

"I don't know. The truth is a matter of circumstances, it's not all things to all people all the time. And neither am I" She telling the truth. You can't tell everyone the truth, even the closest to you.

"That's a tough way to live" Steve said.

"It's a good way not to die, though" Nat answered,

"Hmm yep" I said, knowing that what Nat was say was true.