04# Bad Jobs.

Paul Gray X Reader.

Summary : (Y/n) has trouble on their new job and Paul helps them with it.

Attention! : involves bullying at the workplace.
_______________________________________

(Y/n) comes in to join the band wagon of misery.
They sit down and let out an exhausted sigh.
"good to see you're at least still standing." Paul comments jokingly, watching (Y/n) sink into their seat.
"ugh, what an awful day." they rub their face in their hands.

"what's up?" the bassist asks, turning to (Y/n).
(Y/n) sighs again, "all the people at my work are complete assholes..." they complain, keeping their hands on their eyes, actually trying to fight back tears. the whole situation at work is so stressful.
"they cuss me out all the time, make me do all the work and give me shit for the smallest mess-ups." (Y/n) explains, sinking deeper into their seat a lump forming in their throat.
Paul looks at them with concern, "that doesn't sound like a pleasant work place." He says, a bit unsure of what to say.
"Definitely." (Y/n) voice cracks. They struggle to hold back a sob, they don't want to cry and seem weak in front of people.
Too bad, a tiny sob hiccup escapes from their mouth. They lean forward, curling inward to make themselves as small as possible. Paul is surprised by

"Oh man, please don't cry (Y/n)." They can hear Paul trying to comfort them. (Y/n) can feel a hand rub up and down their back as they keep their eyes buried in their own hand.

(Y/n) has given up on holding back at this point. Crying is starting to feel good now actually, just letting it out for a bit before moving on. A bit a sobbing can feel uplifting.
The hand rubbing their back is comforting too, at least someone is there with (Y/n).
"You-you want some water?" Paul stammers, choosing his words carefully.
(Y/n) doesn't answer vocally and merely nods into their hand as an answer. (Y/n) feels the hand disappear and hears the bassist stand up and walk away out of the room to get water for them.
They let out a shaky sigh, taking the rim of their shirt and wiping the tears away, the friction of the fabric against their eyes making their eyes red and puffy.

~~~~

"(Y/n)?" (Y/n) instinctively looks up at the person calling their name, looking at him with tear-filled eyes. It's Chris who has entered the room, standing before the one who is crying with a look of surprise.
"Are you okay? What happened?" He asks worried, swiftly moving over to sit next to (Y/n), putting his arm over their shoulders for comfort.

"It-it's not the worst thing ever." (Y/n) croaks.
"I get bullied at my work basically." they explain, rubbing their eye and sniffling. "damn, I hoped it was over after high school."
Chris rubs (Y/n)'s  shoulder.
"i can relate..." He says sadly, pulling (Y/n) to his side and squeezing them close to him.

"Here you go (Y/n)." Paul reenters the room with a glass of water in his hand for (Y/n).
"Thanks Paul." (Y/n) smiles a sad smile and takes the glass from him. Paul takes a seat on the other side of (Y/n), and Chris let's go of (Y/n)'s shoulders.

(Y/n) drinks the water, feeling thankful for all the comfort that they receive at the moment. They take a deep shaky breath, calming down a little bit.
"Feeling better now?" Paul asks after a while.
(Y/n) nods in response, offering a small smile. Paul smiling right back at them.
"If you don't mind, i going to get what i came for." Chris stands up, brushing his pants of. He assumes that everything is under control now.
"Bye everyone." He waves and leaves to room to another.
"Bye Chris." (y/n) meekly waves goodbye to Chris as he awkwardly leaves the other two be.

~~~~

"ugh." (Y/n) sighs running a hand through their hair.

"Have you tried telling to the manager or something?" Paul suggests, (Y/n) shakes their head.
"no, it always gets worse when you tell on a bully." they explain, recalling memories and grimacing at the images showing in their mind.

"hmm yeah." Paul agrees with a nod,
"still though." he scoots closer to (Y/n), nudging their shoulder with his own. 

"this is a workplace, not a high school. You're an adult, they are adults. You're really gonna let them walk all over you? Some people don't grow up after high school. If you want it to stop you gotta say or do something (Y/n.)" Paul encourages with a smirk, knowing he's right.

(Y/n) glances at the bassist, then looks back down and let's out a long sigh." yeah I guess you're right. " they say, rubbing their eyes once again.
" cheer up (Y/n). " the bassist wraps an arm around their shoulder, squeezing (Y/n) to his side just like Chris has done moments before.
"Prove to those assholes that (Y/n)(L/n) doesn't take any shit anymore." He says and winks at them. (Y/n) can't help but smile at him. 
"Thanks Paul." They grin at him, he grins right back. He feel glad that he was able to cheer his friend up.

"Don't mention it."

~~a few days later~~

They work day started for (Y/n) by washing the dishes, as their co-workers are not willing to do it themselves. And (Y/n) gets blamed by the rest if the manager sees that no one cleans up. 
(Y/n) sighs, finally done with all the dishes. 

They can hear snickering behind them. someone walks up and drops more dirty plates into the sink that just emptied out all the dirty dishwater. 
"Hey!" (Y/n) calls out to Roxanne as she is about to walk away. 
"clean them yourself i'm done here." They order her. 
Roxanne just smirks, flipping her crimson-dyed hair out of her face. 
"clearly you're not, there's dirty plates in the sink you idiot." She gestures with her tattooed arm towards the sink, looking smug. Enjoying the feeling of having control over something.
"I'm not blind Roxanne.  go clean it yourself. Or are you incapable of doing something as simple as washing the dishes?" (Y/n) says assertively, finally putting their foot down after a few months of bullying. 
They feel a whole lot more confident after Paul's pep-talk. 

Roxanne looks a little surprised to say the least. (Y/n) puts the last clean plates away and walks up to her. 
"You have your own place right? It's just the dishes you know. Come on it's not that difficult." (Y/n) teases, they now gesture to the dishes, walking past their co-worker. 

(Y/n) smiles as the get ready for their next task for the day. Feeling a lot better than ever before. 

__________________________________________

Damn finally it's done. 
Thanks for reading. 

- Missalot.