33# Not Fragile

(Porcelain doll) Joey Jordison x Reader.  

Summary : Joey's leg has broken off. And Mage (Y/n) helps to fix him up.

____________________________________

Everyone had feared this would happen someday. People weren't sure if he had broken something before, but it's most likely he has. Depending on how long he has been possessing this doll body made in his liking. If you got a good look at his limbs, there are obvious tiny little cracks in the porcelain, not nothing as severe at this. 

~~~~

Joey is pouting, arms crossed at he sits there with only one remaining leg. He had made a wrong move while preforming on stage and his left leg broke clean off by the calf. At least it doesn't seem to hurt. This fucking sucks, he had broken his arm before and people have always treated him like a fragile thing. Well... the body is made of porcelain but his soul could be compared to diamond. 

Everyone has done their very best to gather Joey's severed foot and shards of porcelain that has fallen on the stage. 
They immediately called (Y/n), who is a mage, would be able to help Joey fix his leg. 

(Y/n) is guided by Jim into the room where the porcelain doll is seated on the couch. 
"we gathered all the pieces at best as we could. We'd hope you could fix it?" The shape-shifter explains, gesturing to the broken porcelain doll on the couch. 
"Hello." Joey waves, the joints of his elbow squeaking with every move. The mage scans the doll, the porcelain has lost it's shine over time and needs to be polished, several smaller cracks already decorating the doll's limbs, Joey's broken leg is perched on a pillow on the table, his disembodied foot next to his leg on the small table, along with the found shards. 

"How are you Joey?" The mage asks, the doll. Joey shrugs, "Fine, aside from this." He replies, gesturing to his broken leg. 
"please fix this (Y/n)." Jim whispers and then leaves the room to let (Y/n) get to work on the broken doll. 
(Y/n) turns back to Joey and smiles at him. "Don't you worry pal, i'll fix you up." They grin, digging through their bag of magic trinkets that will help them. 
(Y/n) approaches the porcelain doll and sits down on the chair next to Joey's seat and taking a good look at the broken leg. 
The solid piece of porcelain is chipped and shattered at the base of Joey's lower leg. (Y/n) has never seen something like this before to be honest. Creatures like Joey are rare to find around the Supernatural plane. Nothing like this is found on the Human plane at all. 
But humans do have a good practice on fixing porcelain objects, along side with some magic (Y/n) has the perfect method for the treatment of Joey's leg and get him to walk again. 

"Hmm." (Y/n) hums as they pick up a shard and inspect it. 
Then they turn to look at Joey's glossy eyes and smiles reassuringly. "Don't worry Joey, I'll fix it!" (Y/n) takes the things they need out of the bag a line it up on the table to get to work. "I hope you can." Joey's mouth piece moves slowly as he speaks, his voice not coming from the doll body but from his soul. His voice echos a little bit.

(Y/n) takes hold of the doll's leg, lifting up and taking the pillow out from under it.
Then uses some magic to levitate the loose shards and puzzle them back into a fitting spot.
It is now clear that not all shards had been found, a few empty spaces still visible as the pieces are put back in place. That is not a problem for the mage.

(Y/n) hums as they get a clear look at how the shards should be placed.
Then uses their magic to lift the shards again and out of the way to fix it up.

Joey watches the mage's careful work.
He feels lucky to have a mage as a friend, as he wouldn't be able to go anywhere else for his problem.
He sees (Y/n) grab a bottle and open it. " this is a special glue used by gargoyles, strong enough to hold limbs in place, this should do the trick. Along with an attachment spell" (Y/n) explains, letting the shards float away to start working.

Joey watches intensely as the mage fixes the body his soul possesses, he has always been fascinated with (Y/n)'s ability to use magic. It was one of their kind that helped him get a new body as his old one withered away by a curse.
The doll body was custom made for him, made into his liking so he could live on a little longer.

Pieces of his leg float about. (Y/n) applying the glue to the broken stump.
(Y/n) takes a shard out of the air and puts glue on that as well. Letting the shard float over to place it in the right spot. "There..." (Y/n) says out loud, then repeats the same process with all the other shards.
While working, (Y/n) notices how dirty Joey is, the porcelain isn't shining. The hair is tangled and full of snags.
"How about i polish you up a bit, after this?" The mage asks the drummer doll. Another shard floating into place.
Joey's head tilts, the joint in his neck squeaking painfully.
"Polish me? Why?" He asks, clearly oblivious to his state. (Y/n) laughs and gestures to his body. "look at you. You look like you can use a clean up!" They explain with a smile, another piece levitating into place. 

Joey looks down at his porcelain arm, it's indeed dirty and doesn't have it's usual shine like the mineral has. 
The drummer usually doesn't care much about maintaining the body. But now that he thinks of it, he actually should if he wants to stay around. His soul inside the doll would pass on if the host is destroyed. 
"Yeah... i do need a clean up." Joey admits and agrees with (Y/n)'s statement.  They smile, "see?" Yet another piece floating into the right spot. "Almost done, before the grand finally." (Y/n) says, gesturing to the broken foot floating in the air with the mage's magic. 

Once all the tiny shards are back where they should be. it's time for the broken foot to get back where it belongs, attached to the doll body. 
With the aid of a spell, Joey's leg is all fixed! (Y/n) smiles brightly at their accomplishment. Joey's mouth piece opens lightly in a sort of smile. The cracks is now lined with gold, creating a beautiful art work out of what once what broken.
He can't be more grateful for the mage helping him with the now solved issue. 

~~~~

A little later, Joey is actually trying to clean his doll body. In the bathroom, where there is easier access to water. The life-sized doll is sitting in the bathtub, the low warm water is a little dirty from all the came off of the doll. At least Joey looks a whole lot more clean that he did before.
(Y/n) is helping him brush the hair, taking all the snags out of those thin, black and plastic strands. It's actually quite a challenge. Hasn't he taken care of it himself??? It's awful. 
"Hey." Joey calls, catching the mage's attention. "huh?" they respond, pushing the comb though a very stubborn knot. 
"can you reach my back?" He asks,  leaning back to hand the rag with a special polish paste to the mage. 
(Y/n) takes the rag from the doll and says "sure." 
The mage gathers his hair and places it over his shoulder so the hair isn't in the way while cleaning. 
"already looks a lot better." (Y/n) mumbles while cleaning the doll's back. Joey chuckles, looking down at his fixed leg, as if it never happened....
"Yeah, it does." He agrees. 

After some cleaning, (Y/n) helps Joey out of the now dirty water. He dries himself off and gets dressed.
(Y/n) is downstairs getting coffee for themselves. Joey doesn't need to eat anymore. 
The mage hears footsteps come down the stairs and they look up upon the live-sized doll all clean and shining, dressed in a simple black hoodie and dark jeans, grey socks. 
(Y/n) smiles brightly at the doll. The doll is all fixed, cleaning and walking once again
"There, feeling better now?" They asked as he walks up to them. 
Joey's mouth piece opens up in a smile, "Yeah, so much better. " 
The mage takes a sip of their drink, reaching their hand to take a strand of his hair, now smooth and silky feeling despite not being real hair. 
"And it looks better too." They laugh, Joey joins in with the laughter. 
The doll balances on his feet, he feels glad to be standing again. 

"Thank you so much for helping me (Y/n). I wouldn't know what else to do." Joey says to the mage. 
(Y/n) waves their hand dismissively, "you're very welcome, I'm glad that the spell works." They say, looking down at his fixed leg. 

It's a good thing that (Y/n) is around. 

 ____________________________________

There is is, Doll Joey.

Thanks for reading.
- Shardonee.