Irresistible

"I- I'm..."

Jungkook cracked a small smile, the storm in his eyes calming down and the familiar twinkle of it re-lighting them as he spoke, "You don't  have to tell me if you don't want to."

Stepping away from a frozen Rea who was yet to come back to reality, he brought forth his laptop he was hiding behind his back. "I thought we could have a movie night today. I wanted to watch this one with you."

"Which movie?" She asked finally coming back from her daze as she looked towards him and he flashed a smile. "Enchanter." 

Rea frowned. Enchanter?  She couldn't recall ever having heard about it, nevertheless, she decided to go along with it. Briefly, she wondered if Suga would return when she was with Jungkook. Since there was no certain way to let him know, she did the only thing she could think of.

Suga, if you are listening to me...
Please don't come back right now. Jungkook is with me.

She hoped that she had sent the message across. She didn't know how his powers worked, but it never hurt to try, right?

Jungkook plopped down on her couch and opened his laptop as Rea joined him by his side. "So what's the story like?"

"Fae falls in love with a human." He replied nonchalantly, eyes fixed on the computer screen.

"Cliché."

Jungkook jerked his head up to meet her eyes at her comment, his eyebrows raised. Something about his eyes made a shudder run down her spine. Slowly, a smile graced his lips as he turned back to his computer. "Trust me. I think you'll really like it."

Rea shrugged. "Popcorn?"

"Sure."

Few minutes into the movie, Jungkook observed amusedly as Rea watched the scenes with utmost interest. Her eyes were fully trained on the screen and not even the fact that she was leaning against his chest or the slightest accidental touches could divert her attention. It seemed as if his guess was right. She was really engrossed in the movie. Occasionally, she would stretch her fingers and shove her hand into the popcorn bowl to grab a few to pop into her mouth. She never took her eyes off the screen. 

A mischievous thought occurred to him as Jungkook slowly pushed the popcorn bowl away. Rea was still too into the movie to have realized his little trick as she stretched her hands even farther fumbling around with her fingers in vain for the popcorn bowl. Jungkook extended it even further out of the way and Rea had to lean towards her side causing a soft giggle to spill out of his lips. Confused, she looked away from the screen to him, only to realize that she was leaning against him. He was close, way too close. And the stormy grey eyes met hers.

.

.

.

Darkness invaded her vision as colors blurred to a monochromatic theme. The familiar set of stormy grey was still there, but this time they were much more intense. This time, they held a certain sense of finality. A strong denial.

"You can't die, Andrea. I won't let you."

"Your Highness-"

"No. I don't want to hear it anymore. Don't be curious about something like that, Andrea." 

King Jeongguk strolled out from the bedroom, his long capes swishing against the stone floors as Andrea stood by the window watching his form slowly disappear out of sight. A look of pain flickered over her features as the tears that she had managed to hold back, slowly spilled from her eyes. Andrea looked back to the night sky.

"I'm sorry... "

.

.

.

Flinching as she returned to reality, Rea found herself looking into his grey eyes once again. Suddenly, feeling quite embarrassed, she quickly scrambled away from him. 

"I- I'm sorry."

Jungkook cracked a silly smile. "For what?" Closing in the distance she had put in between them, he continued. "For staring? It's alright. You can stare at me however much you want. I don't mind." He finished with a cheeky wink.

"W-what? I was not- It was not lik-" Rea started to stutter.

"After all who can resist this?" Jungkook questioned as he dramatically pointed at himself and his torso, the infuriating smile widening at her embarrassment.

"St-stop it!" She cried, horrified but he was too busy stretching his arms and flexing his biceps to notice. "See?" 

"Years of hard work went into this," he gestured to his bulging muscles with a smirk. "Wanna touch?"

Rea had had enough. She abruptly shot up from her couch and looked around. "Where's my wooden spatula?"

"No!" Jungkook cried, bursting out into a fit of giggles as he tugged at her hand so that she couldn't get hold of her weapon. "Please," he wheezed. "I was just teasing you. hahaha... please don't hit me..."

Begrudgingly folding her hands over her chest, she relented to his wish as she proceeded to go back to the movie, snatching the popcorn bowl away from his clutches. 

The movie lasted for over an hour and a half and she had to admit that Jungkook was right. Though, the basic storyline was similar to other fantasy movies she had watched before, something about the details or the way that it was directed captured her attention. Something about it just lured her in. 

It had gotten quite late and Jungkook left after few minutes of meaningless banter about the movie and its direction, and some occasional complaints of an assignment he had yet to complete. 

"Bye Jungkook. Have a goodnight!" Rea called after him as he waved. Nodding at her, he got into his home. Rea closed the door shut and was about to turn when there was a sound.

Snap.

A low voice slowly rasped as a figure blinked into existence beside her kitchen door, leaning against the doorframe.

"Did I really have to suffer through that?"