What's wrong?

The ringtone on her cell phone broke the silence of her room.

Her fingers clenched at the sight of the caller ID. She slid her fingers across the phone and declined the call. A second later the phone began ringing again. Exasperated, she accepted the call.

"Why'd you hung up?" The disgruntled voice of her next-door neighbor crackled on the phone. 

Rea didn't offer any explanations. She got to the point straight away, her fingers tightening around her phone. "I'm not going on that date today."

"What?! Why not?" Jungkook's voice was full of sincere surprise.

"Because I don't want to," she snapped. She tried to reign herself in but it was proving impossible.

"Rea..." He sounded concerned. "What's wrong?"

Rea had to scoff.  He had the audacity to ask her that?

"Nothing's wrong Jungkook." She gritted out before she hung up. It was impossible to act as if nothing happened when the one person she despised with all her heart turned out to be the person she cared for the most.

Jungkook didn't let the topic rest. A few minutes later she heard urgent knocks coming from her front door and she scowled at it. "Rea, open the door! You have to talk to me! Tell me what's wrong!"

Rea didn't budge from her spot. A dagger was hidden near the seat within her reach and well out of sight. She watched as the knocks grew more urgent and restless. She was suddenly reminded of the day she saw Suga on the TV. Someone had knocked on the door just as incessantly in that day. 

A moment later her front door flung open on its own and Jungkook walked in as if he was surprised to find the door open. Rea clearly remembered that she had bolted it shut. She couldn't stop the look of absolute loathing from appearing on her face. Jungkook looked at her. 

"Rea, what do you mean? What's going on?" He whispered uncertainly as he slowly walked to her.

"Wasn't I clear? Did I stutter?" She bristled, rising from her place on the table.

"You didn't. I heard it the first time. What I want to know is the reason, Rea." Jungkook replied, the concern in his eyes slowly dissolving.

"Because I have no reason to! Because I hate it!" She yelled. Jungkook's eyes became hooded as he raised an eyebrow. His expression turned calm, disturbingly so. His voice, though, didn't lack its inflection.

"And I asked you why..." he drawled, his voice lowering to deep bass, "Why won't you come with me?" He fixed her with his stormy grey eyes and she realized that they had darkened beyond usual. He calmly strode around the living room, as if he was merely pondering over an intriguing thought. "I thought you loved the idea--"

"I didn't." Rea spat but Jungkook continued as though there weren't any interruptions.

"--I thought you loved me." He said, speaking each word with exaggerated emphasis. A bitter smile flashed across his lips at his words. 

Her rage rose well past its limit to the point of an explosion."I never loved you! You're a LIAR!" She cried.

"Liar?" He parroted softly. "Oh Rea, I'm no liar. I never lied to you..." He focused his full attention on her and he tilted his head curiously as she were a bug under a microscope. "But you, though... I'm not so sure about you."

"WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU?!" Rea burst, tears springing to her eyes. "How could you do that to me..." she cried. She didn't want him to see how vulnerable she had become or how gravely it affected her. She wanted to put up a strong front but she couldn't. All hope was lost. She couldn't hold it anymore. "I trusted you..."