Angel of Battle

"You killed him!"

"For the last time kid, I didn't kill him."

"B-but he's dead!" Rea cried running after the angel who was nonchalantly strolling away from the campus with the most annoyed expression on his face as if he did not just shoot an arrow through her professor's heart. The angel came to an abrupt stop in front of her and Rea almost ran into him. Whirling around, he bent down to her eye-level and explained slowly as if he were a patient teacher teaching an extremely stupid child. "He will wake up after a long nap and he won't remember anything. So will your whole class. It will just become a nightmare that they will never remember again."

"But- but..." Rea stuttered around not being able to properly form her words. "How did the professor become...?"

Suga let out a sharp breath. 

"Your professor was hexed. He was just a vessel for the curse to carry its purpose. So I got rid of his curse. Thankfully it wasn't a powerful one. From the looks of it, he was a messenger."

Rea stared at the angel at a loss for words. What was happening? Why were they attacking her all of a sudden? Had they caught onto what she was doing? Did Choker know that she was after him?

"You were the target from the beginning, kid." 

Suga explained, sensing her thoughts. "Choker... He is not playing anymore." The angel trained his gaze back to her soft brown pools, his eyes turning grave and warning. "More will come your way. Much more powerful and dangerous ones than your professor."

Placing his hands on both of her shoulders, he warned her. "You should be careful." His grip on her shoulders became firm. "Do you hear me?"

Rea slowly nodded her head not breaking the mutual gaze.

"Promise me, Andrea." He pressed the rasp of his voice took a deeper turn, expressing the gravity of his question.

"I promise," Rea whispered back. Suga nodded back contented with her reply when she spoke, "But..."

He lifted an eyebrow prompting her to continue. 

"I'm not Andrea...I'm Rea."

"Oh." Suga quickly removed his hands from her shoulders, averting his eyes all of a sudden as he turned around. "Did I say, Andrea? I meant Ann Rea."

Not wanting to stay on the subject, he resumed his stroll and Rea noticed that he had increased his pace. She narrowed her eyes, questioningly watching him get away from her. Dismissing her suspicions, she ran to catch up with him.

"But how did you do that cool white arrow thingy?" She asked, changing the subject as she caught up with his fast pace. "It was so amazing. It looked like one of those cool Harry Potter spells!"

That provoked a highly awkward cough from him. Looking away as if he was shy, he said. "It's not that amazing. All Angels of Battle can do that."

"Oh. So you are an Angel of Battle? There are divisions of angels in heaven?" She asked curiously to which he only nodded, seemingly getting annoyed by her inquiries.

"What else can you do? Can you show them to me? Please, please?" She pleaded, bouncing around the angel who had increased his pace even more. "No."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm an angel. My job is protecting people. Not conducting magic shows."

"Aww, come on!"

"No."

"Pleeease..."

"No."

----