This is not the End

The sky was painted in hues of melancholic red. The sun was beginning to set over the horizon. A hot, humid gust of wind flew past the trees, making the leaves rustle as it went on its way over the city, twisting its way around the concrete jungle and moving on. The breezed rattled a wind chime that hung on the rooftop of building 1004 and a figure blinked to existence near the ledge of the roof. He let out a soft sigh as he watched the city that stretched down below.

A reminiscent grin tugged at the lips of the Guardian of Thresholds. He looked to his right and found another angel sitting on the edge of the ledge, his feet dangling in the air as he watched the city below. 

The Guardian was told that he would find someone else here but it still intrigued him. Curiously, he walked over to the angel and took a seat beside him.

The angel turned his head showing no hint of surprise. It was as if he was expecting his arrival. A lazy grin stretched on his lips as his low voice rasped, "Ah, you're the rookie angel, aren't you?"

The Guardian nodded his head as he looked to the angel inquiringly, his eyes wide. The angel looked back to the sunset. 

"Namjoon Kim, was it?"

Namjoon nodded his head in confirmation. "Yes. Angel NJ, Guardian of Thresholds, at your service."

The latter angel breathed out a deep laugh. "No need to be so stiff, rookie."

NJ blushed a light pink, the hue barely visible against his honey tan skin. He looked away.

"It's no wonder you became an angel. Your dying wish was to warn her, wasn't it?" The angel went on conversationally. "But it's no use. You have no mission. She's fine and well. An extra angel wasn't needed."

Although what the angel said was true, it still irked Namjoon. 

"I did all of the work for you. Now, you'd probably do a probationary period of angel duties before you get reborn. What a waste... You could have reincarnated straight away."

The senior angel was now kind of getting on Namjoon's nerves. Who was he to say if his sacrifice was worth it or not? Who was he to call him an extra? Who was he to protect Rea? 

"I'm sorry if I sound rude," NJ began, trying to keep the edge out of his tone. "But who are you?"

The angel turned his head to face him. "Time for introductions?" He smiled, the memory of introducing himself to someone at that very same rooftop flashing through his mind as he replied. "I'm Min Suga. Angel of Battle."

NJ's eyes brows shot up as surprise seeped into his features. "Suga? As in, the former Min Yoonki?"

The angel nodded his head. "Hmm."

"But-but..." The Guardian looked to the angel in shock, his eyes darting forth between him and the girl who now stood down below laughing with a group of her friends, across the road ready to cross the intersection.

"You are Rea's brother!"

The angel raised an eyebrow, his eyes drifting back to the girl on the street. A fond smile tugged at his lips. 

"I was. Andrea's brother."

He pointed a lazy finger at the girl down below. "That is Ann Rea." 

Namjoon turned his head back to stare at Rea playfully joking around with Sharon and a group of her friends, being genuinely happy. He had to agree. That was the Rea he knew. The playful Rea. The Rea who was kind and always had a smile on her lips. 

The lights turned red and the group began to cross the street. Suga sighed against the wind as he watched the girl safely cross the path with others, being lost in a world of happiness and joy. Leading a normal life.

"Have a good life, sister." Finally, he breathed.

"As long as you're happy..."

The End?

Maybe not.