12 | 𝑈𝑝𝑡𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝐺𝑖𝑟𝑙

"Remember," Kayla hissed, "try to avoid making lies about having dogs or I don't know, an actual moose?"

I rolled my eyes with a deceiving scoff. "I got it, I got it, that was only a one time thing," I assured her, winking at the end. 

I heard Jaydon snort from the passenger side of the car causing me to reflect over my impulsive decision. He was snickering to himself, gazing out the window longingly. "We have to pick up my cousin and Vislocky--"

Huh, I never did get confirmation, did I? 

I pondered on the idea of Victor going. Truthfully, he'd want to drive his own jeep for multiple reasons. One, he can leave whenever he wants and two; he doesn't want to go to begin with. It felt strange, inviting him to hang with us like old friends. 

"Actually," I interrupted, voicing my concerns a bit questioningly. "I think Vicky--Victor--"

"You gotta stop doing that," Kayla uttered from the drivers' side of her Audi S3. Her eyes lifted to the rearview mirror, studying me from the front of the car. "I gotta save that nickname for when I call him by it--"

"When did I become the adult watching over you two kindergartners?" Jay expressed humorously, raking a hand through his hair and scoping out the view through the window. 

"Shut up," I rebuked with a grin. Even Kayla flipped him off, continuing to steer the car to Jaydon's house, which was no doubt one of the wealthier ones that deviated off the main road. Neither one of us though mentioned how right Jaydon was, mainly because we were too distracted by the extensive driveway forming at the entrance of the woods. A tunnel of bark and greenery guided the way. 

"Lemme just text him," Jay muttered within his breath. 

"I'm gonna call Victor to ask if he's taking his own car," I announced, bringing my phone to my ear once having dialed his number.My heart started to quicken for some reason. I really was hoping he planned on going. I also didn't want him to feel like he had to either. It rang three times monotonously before it flatlined. 

I pursed my lips, but assumed he was just in the bathroom. Jay threw his head back, tossing his arm up to eye level to study his watch. "We were kinda supposed to be there already, I blame Kayla."

"Hey! What did I do?" she retorted straggly, giving her outfit an up-down.

I thought she looked really cute. Kayla wore a big baggy jumper with her 'Ravenclaw colors' (at least that's what she described it as), sporting her light and dark blue striped sweater and a pair of dark gray skinny jeans. I, on the other hand, was accepting the fate of Victor being weirded out by my outfit change after the record store. I wore black jeans with holes at the knees, a yellow spaghetti strap tank, and a loose-fitted denim jacket. The fabric was worn with white spots. 

I hope he likes it. I shake my head. Where did that come from? 

Finally, my eyes met the Caller I.D.. I smiled then picked up the phone to my ear and heard the aggravated voice which caused my grin to melt right off my face like a third ice cream scoop to pavement. "What the hell?" he argued through the phone.

"What? Is everything okay?" I questioned, catching both Kayla and Jay's attention from the front of the car. The hand that clamped my phone started to get warm and slimy. 

I could hear his eyes roll. "You told me to come at a specific time, well guess who's also here?" he retorted. "You're damn crush--"

"Lower your voice," I deadpanned. "What is your problem?"

"My problem?" He started laughing maniacally. "I don't have a problem." He sounded sadistic. 

He definitely has a problem.