Tere naam meri zindagi - 4

This update is for certain someone who always makes me encourage to write ❤

Neil looked himself in the mirror whilst adjusting his tie. So many thoughts were running in his mind, that made him restless. He shook his head and raked his fingers in his hair. Finally composing himself he moved out of his room and went downstairs to the living room.

His mother was sitting in a dining hall waiting for him. He passed her a smile and kissed her forehead. Taking his seat neil asked her about the breakfast, his mother informed him that juhi is preparing breakfast and is coming in a bit. He Sighed and nodded. Within a minute juhi came out of kitchen and laid the food container on the table. She served the food to his mother whilst neil started serving himself.

But a phone call disturbed their doing. Shweta stood up to take her phone which was kept in the living room. Neil was about to take the morsel of his favourite aloo paratha but juhi snatched that and took his plate away. Neil looked at her dumbfounded and glared at her in return which didn't affect juhi a bit.

Neil: juhi ye kya badtameezi hai? ( juhi what is this behaviour? )

He said lowly cause of his mother who was just few steps away and was busy in talking with someone.

Juhi: badtameezi toh tumne ki hai meri friend ke saath. How dare you. ( you did insolence to my friend )

She whispered yelled confusing him more.

Neil: maine konsi tumhari friend ke saath badtameezi ki hai, hadd hai mai toh tumhari kisi friend ko jaanta bhi nahi. ( whom did I do insolence to? I don't even know any of your friends. )

He huffed clenching his jaw.

Juhi: oh mr.cruel don't try to act smart which you are not. I was talking about avni. Why did you say all that rubbish to her huh?

Neil gape at her been furious but when juhi mentioned about avni he looked at her in disbelief.

Neil: one second how you both became friends in the first place?

Juhi: its non of your business. And listen to me carefully if you again dare to hurt my friend I will rip your head off with my bare hands.

She said intimidating him. Neil started at her with eyes and mouth wide opened.

Juhi: ab bethe kya ho jao yaha se. ( why are you still here, go now )

Neil stormed out from there with a scowl mumbling not so good words to juhi. He reached his work place and his eyes began hunting someone. For the first time he felt this urge to have a glimpse of her. A colleague informed him that Mr.mehta want to meet him in his cabin. Neil thanked him and left from there to mr.mehta's cabin.

Neil couldn't help but feel something weird due to not being able to get a glimpse of someone. Is she not going to come? He thought proceeding to the place he was called to. Shaking away his thoughts for a while he knocked on the door and entered inside the cabin after getting the permission of mr.mehta.

Mr.mehta: hey good morning my boy.

Neil: good morning sir, you called me sir?

Mr.mehta: yes take a seat at least

Neil nodded and sat on a chair across him.

Mr.mehta: I called you to discuss something regarding a new project.

Neil nodded and both got engrossed in their discussions. After a while avni came there but surprisingly with someone. Neil turned around and saw her, his heart felt relieved that was unusually gloomy since morning. He wanted to apologise for his behaviour but more than that he wanted to be with her at any cost. But his forehead creased looking at the other one who had been came with avni. It was his best friend Arav.

Avni walked towards ashish and hugged him, ashish patted her head lovingly.

Arav: whoa bro what a pleasant surprise

Arav shouted when his gaze found neil. Neil grinned widely and stood up engulfing his friend in a hug. Ashish looked at avni raising his brows whilst she blinked her eyes.

Arav broke the hug and they shared some pleasantries. Avni stared neil for a moment but when he turned looking at her she quickly averted her eyes.

Ashish: will someone tell me how do you both know each other.

Ashish said impatiently.

Neil: sir we know each other since we were in 1st grade.

Arav: in fact we are chuddy buddies

Neil and ashish laughed. Avni narrowed her eyes looking at aarav whilst he winked in return urging avni to look away with a smile. Neil saw that small encounter and sudden rage ran through his veins making him clenched his fist.

Ashish: oh that's news. Anyway I don't think so he knows that, does he Arav?

Arav shook his head whilst Neil frowned thinking what he doesn't know about his best friend?

Ashish: great now I can introduce you both officially. So neil meet my soon to be son in law Aarav sabharwal.

Neil's breath hitched for a moment. His gaze ceased at avni who did not look affected at all. But why would she be affected neil? His conscience spoke. Avni glanced at ashish first then at Aarav.

Neil's features got hardened comprehending the news. He felt his anger rising at that moment. He looked at Aarav who was playing eye game with avni making neil more enraged.

Neil grabbed Aarav's hand suddenly startling Aarav and avni both.

Neil: that was really not expected especially from you mr.aarav anyway congratulations to both of you

He said firmly to Aarav then glanced at avni.

Neil: ( to ashish ) excuse me sir I will get back to work now

Ashish nodded smiling and neil headed to his cabin. As Neil left from there avni, ashish and Aarav looked at each other and burst into laughter. Avni hugged Aarav tightly mumbling thank yous in his ear. Aarav caressed her hair and nodded at her. Unknown to them a pair of eyes had been watching them through the glass door. Neil who came out of his cabin after few seconds saw avni and Aarav hugging each other tightly. He was getting restless seeing their closeness and was just wanted to beat Aarav to a pulp.

Neil: ( whispered ) why is he clinging to her unnecessarily.

He hissed looking at Aarav's hand which was wrapped around her waist.

But why do you care bro? Remember you  wanted to be away from her? His conscience mocked him making neil aware of the situation, which made him drifted into oblivion.

To be continued.

Hope you liked it.

Do tell me how was it.

Thank you for your votes and comments ❤

Please ignore the grammatical mistakes.

Love
Z ❤