ae dil hai mushkil - 7

Karan came to avni and looked here and there.

Karan: avi what are you doing here? I was looking for you inside.

Avni smiled nervously and looked at Neil through the corner of her eyes. While Neil was controlling herself not to pounce on him for making him jealous.

Avni: ju just like that for some fresh air. Let's go inside everyone must be looking for us

She started going but karan held her wrist and pulled her infront of him. Neil looked away and raked his fingers on his hair. His jaw had started hurting now.

Karan: wait mujhe jee (heart)  bhar ke dekh toh lene do. Kitne saalo baad tumhe dekh raha hu.

He was about to touch her face but avni moved away playing with her fingers nervously. She had never thought karan would be interested in her. When their family had fixed their marriage karan was not present there he was at London. They would talk on the phone or through messages but karan had never said her anything like that. Avni was only thinking about neil.

Avni: I think we should go inside

She went from there hurriedly while karan ran after her but neil was not at all in a good mood. He understood karan also love avni that's why he was talking like that.

Neil: avni is only mine and none can separate her from me not even you karan.

Later everyone retired to their home. Vidhyut noticed Neil's restlessness. He entered inside his room and saw him who was venting out his anger on punching bag. He was punching it furiously and hardly. Vidhyut looked at him with concern and stood between Neil and punching bag. Neil groaned in frustration and sat on the bed clutching his hair in a fist. Vidhyut sat beside him.

Vidhyut: neil what happened? Why are you so angry? Did you and avni fight again?

Neil: no we didn't fight but the matter is that karan. He is coming in between me and avni.

Vidhyut: what? I didn't understand

Neil: bhai avni's family has fixed their alliance and that karan he is after avni my avni. How dare he to come close to her I will not leave him.

He said panting heavily clenching his jaw tightly. Vidhyut looked at him confused with this new found information. Neil told him what avni said. Vidhyut called juhi for the clarification because she didn't share this thing with him.

Vidhyut: ( on call ) juhi what is this? Why did you hide that from me?

Juhi: kya chupaya maine? Tum kya bol rahe ho?

Vidhyut: yahi ki avni aur karan ka rishta fix ho gaya hai. Kab batane wali thi tum mujhe? Un dono ki shadi par? Yaha mera bhai itna pareshan hai aur upar se ye.

Juhi: vidhyut please calm down. It totally slipped out of my mind. Trust me, I am not much close with karan and when you told me about neil I was busy in finding ways to bring them closer. Please don't be angry on me I swear I didn't do it on purpose.

Her voice cracked in the end. Vidhyut realized his tone was harsh. He regretted doing that.

Vidhyut: sorry juhi I was just worried about neil I am not at all angry on you. I am sorry baby.

Juhi: hmm

Neil chuckled looking at his brother and thought about avni.

Vidhyut: par tumne mujhe bataya kyun nahi?

Juhi: agar bata deti bhi toh kya ho jaata situation tab bhi esi hi hoti.

Both brothers looked at each other and nodded understanding.

Vidhyut: accha koi baat nahi ab kya kare ish baare mai koi idea hai?

Juhi: papa ko samjhana thoda mushkil hai. Ye rishta unki hi marzi thi. Pata nahi vo kaise react karenge jab unhe ye baat pata chalegi.

Neil: don't worry sab thik ho jayega mujhe pura yakin hai apne pyaar par.

Vidhyut and juhi smiled. Vidhyut went from there talking with juhi and neil laid down on the bed thinking about avni and their life.

Neil's pov.

Everything was going good until that kabab me haddi ( bone ) no he is hadda actually came to our life. He was living in a delusion that avni is his huh beta vo already meri hai. But the main problem is how will I talk about us to our parents. I am not afraid okay? I just can't take rejection. The thought of going her away from me took away my breath. How unpredictable life is na at one moment we are planning something else but destiny has it's own cards to play and I am very lucky that god has chosen avni for me. I just pray everything to be done according to our wish. I have to get ready also today is the sangeet ceremony of my lovely brother and bhabhi. I am very happy for them and just wish mine and avni's future the same. I got ready in black designer sherwani and we reached the venue. Bhai was clean bowled looking at bhabhi and they both started their staring game without caring about anything. I was looking for my queen and I finally got to see her. Gosh I just saw a fairy today my fairy my princess. She was descending down the stairs clad in a pinch coloured lehenga she was looking no less than an icecream and I would love to taste her.

I chuckled inwardly at my thoughts. She finally looked at me and smiled shyly making my heart flutter with several feelings. I just wanted to take her in my arms and wanted to take her away from everyone. But he drenched me with his cruelty taking my avi away. Who else could it be of course that useless karan and I couldn't even say something.

The event went well we enjoyed very much. Me and avi performed a dance for bhai and bhabhi and that was the only moment I got my avi for few minutes. I had glanced at karan who was going through the same feeling that I had gone through few hours ago. Tit for Tat bete. I ignored him and we both got lost in our dance. She was looking breathtakingly beautiful.

Few days passed in a blink. We were so engrossed with the preparation that we couldn't get time to see each other. And this all happened because of bhai. I had to do a lot of work being a brother of a groom and he, he only talked with bhabhi whole day and I had to go through the torture but I should say thanks to him because of him I found my avi okay will tell him later but now I am so busy. Bhai log tum log padh kya rahe ho help karo meri ish chote bacche par rehem karo 🥺

It was the day of their marriage. Avni's parents requested us to do marriage at their home and we agreed. So the venue is mehta mantion. We reached there on time and they welcomed us and bhai respectfully and in a grand way. I am searching my to be wife. It's been two weeks I haven't seen her nor talked to her properly but now its enough I will kidnap her once she would show her face. Haha just kidding. Bhai walked towards the mandap and took out his shoes. He sat in front of the holy fire and priest told him to recite the mantras with him.

I was smiling looking at him and just wants that moment to come where I can be on his place on our marriage day. I Sighed and closed my eyes for a moment. I heard sweet and melodious sound of an anklets . I turned my face and saw avi walking towards me with her bright smile.

I was grinning widely looking at her after so many days I thought she was coming to hug me and I was eager to take her in my arms but instead she bent down making me confuse of her actions. Her eyes were on me. Her eyes held some mischief and naughty glimpse. I was curious to know what she would do next. She took bhai's shoes and ran from there hurriedly. What was that? Why she was running away with bhai's shoes?

Maa told me it's one of the rituals. Groom will pay the money to the one who will get the shoes at last. I grinned widely and ran after her no no not because of money. I wanted to spend some time with her.

She saw me and squealed running away from me again. I saw her entering in one of the room. I scrambled behind her climbing the stairs fastly and at last entered inside the room and bolted the door behind me. She was looking here and there like a scared kitten and I was enjoying every moment of it.

To be continued.

Really sorry for the late update 🙏😙 and thank you for being patient with me.

Hope you liked it.

Do tell me how was it.

Please ignore the grammatical mistakes.

Love
Z ❤