ae dil hai mushkil - 3

Avni's pov

Vo abhi bhi vesa hee hai bilkul nahi badla kitne saalo baad dekh rahi hu. I can't become weak now its just a formality for me to meet him nothing else but deep down I still want him in my life. No no he is not even interested in me I should stay away from him god please help me after all these years his presence still affects me. Few moments before I was in his arms I felt like I returned to my home where I belong to.

Closing my eyes tightly I let my tears flow and took a deep breath. Its time to go now to face him again. I went down and saw them having their dinner. Juhi made me sit beside her. I passed a smile to them and continued having my food. I can sense someone's continues gaze on me  I know who he is but I didn't give a damn to him. Now what happened to him why he is behaving like this I should not matter to him right anyway it's not my concern.

Prakash uncle asked me about my studies and  suggested me to do my job in his hospital. Great now I have no choice rather than facing  him every day. Later we sat together in a hall discussing about their engagement and other functions and juhi told them we are going outside. Trust me if we were alone I would have taken out all my anger on her. Avni calm down take a deep breath and don't let him affect you show him that you don't even remember him. Juhi dragged me outside with her ignoring my constant pleadings. I could feel his gaze behind me ugh can't he just look away jab se aaya hai bas ghure jaa raha hai huh.

Avni's pov ends.

They four sat together on a couch in garden area and juhi purposely ignored avni and started talking with vidhyut.

Avni: ( in mind) jab in dono ko hee baat karni thi toh mujhe kyun yaha lekar aaye

Vidhyut sign Neil to talk to avni. He noded but still unsure thinking if she would talk with him or not. Avni was getting pissed every minute she was feeling uncomfortable sitting like that. She looked at juhi and vidhyut who were still in their own world ignoring both of them. She got frustrated and stood up and about to leave but Neil held her hand shocking her before she could say anything he drags her with him. She tried to jerk away her hand but he tightens his grip but not too much. She looked behind looking at juhi and vidhyut but they didn't gave any heed to them but unknown to her they were noticing every move of them it was their plan so that Neil could talk avni because avni is very stubborn and she would not get along with him unless they pushed her.

Juhi: hope ye dono patch up karle

Vidhyut: yeah hope so

Neil leaves her hand after they reached to a corner. He turned towards her she glared at him and about to leave but he held her arms tightly pulling her closer.

Avni: neil leave me chodo mujhe jaane do

Neil: oh so you remember my name than why were you acting like you don't know me

Avni: as if you don't know. Neil I said leave me

She wriggled in his arms but he pulled her more closer ignoring her pleads

Neil: no I won't leave you ever. Mujhe tumse baat karni hai and

Avni: ( shouted) but mujhe nahi karni can't you understand that

She said looking at him furiously only she knows how she is controlling herself to not break down in front of him.

Neil: thik hai chod dunga but pehle meri baat suno

She turned her face away still wriggling in his arms.

Neil: ( whispered) I am sorry

Avni looked at him, for a moment she gets lost in his eyes she could see his sincerity and love in his eyes. Love? Now It's really her misconception she thought.

She looked away tears started to form in her eyes.

Avni: tum kyun bol rahe ho sorry neil Khanna toh kabhi kisi se maafi nahi mangta

Neil: I am sorry for everything I don't have any words to Express my feelings and apology. I hate myself for what I did. Please just give me one chance to speak please

She looked at him he was literally begging to listen to him. She just nodded trying to be away from him but he didn't let her

Neil: I still love you avni I really do. After our boards I tried to find you even mai tumhare ghar bhi aaya tha but it was locked, mai roz aata tha tumhare ghar but couldn't meet you because you were not there. I understood it was my fault I should have listened to you first. All these years I only loved you sirf mai jaanta hu maine kaise jiye hai itne saal, guilt mai. khud se nafrat karne laga hu mai please avni came back to me please don't leave me now please I can't bear this now

She moved away pushing him

Avni: but I hate you agar itna hee pyaar karte toh mera saath dete jo tumne nahi kiya. Tumne kabhi mujhse saccha pyaar kiya hee nahi toh ab kyun ye sab natak kar rahe ho?

Neil: avni mai natak nahi kar raha hu please believe me

Avni: please Neil mai sirf yaha apni behen ki wajah se aayi hu agar mujhe pata hota ki mai tumse milne wali hu toh mai kabhi nahi aati. Kash kash maine tumse kabhi pyaar kiya hee nahi  hota. Sirf ek cheez mangi thi trust vo bhi tum nahi kar paaye. And please I request you don't start it here I don't want to ruin my sister's happiness because of me. Agar tum dubara mere saamne aaye to mai wapas chali chali jaungi apni behen ki shadi attend kiye bina aur vo bhi tumhari wajahse.

She said pointing her finger at him. Neil looked down now feeling more guilty. Avni went from there wiping her tears harshly. Neil cried burying his face in his hands. Later Khanna's return to their home. Neil entered inside his room and sat on the bed with thud. Avni's tearful eyes flashed in his mind her hurtful words still ringing in his ears. The memories of their past is still afresh in his mind. He closed his eyes drifting into their memory.

Flashback:

When they were in 11th class and in the same class room. The teacher was absent so everybody was enjoying talking and doing mischief troubling others.

Avni was sitting on the last bench that day parallel to her left side neil was sitting with his friends in a second row. When one of his friends noticed avni staring at neil. He told this to Neil. Neil looked at her and she quickly looked down blushing. Neil smirked looking at her while his friends started teasing him with her name. Soon everyone comes to know about this and others also stared teasing them.

Avni was all time blushing whenever someone teased her by Neil's name and Neil was also enjoying all this. One day gaining courage neil approaches her. The teacher was again absent at that day. Avni was as usual sitting on the last bench with her friend. When Neil came to their seat staring at avni her friend stood up giving them some privacy also teased avni smiling mischievously. Neil sat beside her brushing his shoulder with her. Avni looked down blushing pinning her baby hair against her ear. Neil saw this and goes aww looking at her cuteness.

He held her hand under the bench intertwining their fingers.

Neil: I really like you avni will you be my girlfriend?

Avni looked at him than looked down. Her cheeks started getting red she just nods not meeting his eyes. He smiles widely and kissed her cheek leaving her in shock. He went from there to share this news with his friends. Avni kept her hand on her cheek and blushed hard thinking about what just happened.

To be continued.

Flashback will continue in the next part.

Do tell me how was it.

Please ignore the grammatical mistakes.

Thank you for your votes and comments.

And the big news is this book has reached 40k+ reads and 5k+ votes. Thank you so much everyone for reading my book and giving your love to me. Keep showering your love.

Love
Z ❤