Chapter 18- Suspicious

You thanked the senior medic for treating your wounds and got up from the bed to go to Erwin's room

You thanked the senior medic for treating your wounds and got up from the bed to go to Erwin's room. You were stopped by the old lady as she handed you a bottle of disinfectant and a roll of bandages. "You can ask your boyfriend to help you redress the wound if it gets dirty." She kindly told you, a wise twinkle in her eyes. Your eyes twitched.

         You don't think you'll ever get used to hearing Levi being referred to as your boyfriend. You thanked the old lady once again and made your way to Erwin's room. Reaching the door to your friend's private patient lounge, you knocked twice before opening the door.

         Erwin was sitting up on his bed, leaning his back against the bedframe. His face still pale and haggard, but he looked extremely better compared to his condition before. "Erwin!" You greeted him with a smile. "You're alive!" You added, teasing him in a friendly manner. He chuckled as you closed the door behind you. "Thanks to you. I heard you worked hard to save me." Erwin said a gentle smile on his face.

         Levi scoffed from the stool he was sitting at beside Erwin's bed. "I keep hearing how great of a medic you are to everyone else except me today." Levi muttered under his breath. You rolled your eyes at him and made your way to Erwin's bed. You were about to sit on the stool beside Levi when you felt an arm grab your waist. You got pulled into sitting on Levi's lap as he rested his chin in the crook of your neck.

         "What the- Levi, let go!" You told him trying to break free from his grasp. Levi just tightened his hold on you more. "Damn it, Levi. Stop embarrassing me!" You complained, glancing at Erwin.

         Erwin laughed at your predicament. "Ah. I guess Hange won the bet this time." He said, watching as you pinched Levi's arm. You turned to Erwin, still struggling to get out of Levi's iron-like hold on your waist. "What bet?" You asked Erwin, genuinely curious. You didn't think Erwin was the type of person to bet on anything. But then again, you also didn't think Levi could be this shameless. You sighed and patted Levi's head softly. "Be good and let me go." You whispered into his ear. Recently finding out that it was a sensitive spot for him. "Please?" You added.

         Levi sighed and loosened his arms around you as he let you go. But not before he leaned close to your ear. "Later." Levi whispered. You shivered. You got up from Levi's lap and sat down on the stool beside him. You turned to Erwin and faced him properly. "So, what bet?" You asked once again.

         Erwin glanced at the both of you. "Are you two... officially together now?" He asked a genuine smile creeping up his lips. Levi turned towards you, a smirk on his smug face. You gritted your teeth. "Yes." You replied feeling like you just lost at something. Erwin chuckled. "That's wonderful. I'm happy for the two of you." He said. "We always knew it was just a matter of when. Hange was right when she said you'll be together soon." He added, explaining what the bet was about.

         You huffed. So they were betting about my relationship with Levi. "Forget about that. How are you doing?" You asked, trying to change the topic from you and Levi. Erwin leaned back on the cushions. "The physicians said I can leave after a couple more days and continue my treatment in the infirmary at the base." He recalled.

         "I see, that's great." You sincerely said, happy that your friend is okay. The three of you talked some more about the mission, the beast titan they encountered over the wall, the book found in basement, and how Hange passed out on your bed complaining about Erwin. That's revenge for including me in your bet. You thought as you and Levi left Erwin to sleep and rest.

         You were pulled back from your thoughts by Levi grabbing your hand and intertwining his fingers with yours. You turned your head to Levi, squinting your eyes at him. "What?" Levi asked you, chuckling as the two of you were walking along the hall. "You keep touching me lately. But I clearly remember you flinching every time I touch you before." You replied to him, staring suspiciously.

         Levi faced forward avoiding your gaze. "...two years." Levi said softy. But it was too low for you to hear clearly. You asked him to repeat what he said. "Two years. I avoided touching you before because every time I do, my chest hurts." He confessed. Levi kept his gaze away from you but you could tell he was embarrassed because the tips of his ears were red.

         You smiled and squeezed his hand. "Is that why you keep holding my hand? Trying to make up for all the lost skin contact these past two years?" You teased. You hear Levi click his tongue, annoyed. But he squeezed your hand back as the two of exited the hospital.

         "Can we stop by the market for a bit? I have to buy something." You asked Levi as the two of you crossed the street. You wanted to buy some personal essentials since you are already near the market anyway. Levi agreed and pulled you around the corner that leads to the market.

         You reached the market where several stalls and stores are located selling varieties of items. Levi suddenly pulled his hand away from yours stopping in front of an antique store. "Go ahead. I want to check something. I'll catch up." He told you. You hesitated but turned around and went to buy what you need.

         After ordering all your essentials and having them delivered to the base, you went back to where you separated from Levi and saw he was leaning against a lamp post, one hand in his pocket. You approached him from behind and interlocked your fingers with his. Levi turned his head to you and warmly smiled. "You're done?" He asked giving you a peck on the cheek.

         You laughed, feeling happy and content. "Yes." You replied pulling him away from the post to start walking back to the base. After a fascinating conversation about Levi's past as an underground thug, the two of you reached the base and separated ways to rest.

         You didn't notice Levi staring at your back as you walked away and disappeared into the building where your room is. Levi fished out a small box from his trouser. Smirking as he made his way to his own room.

A/N: What do be inside the box tho? O.O

Next chapter update tomorrow! Lemon entree. <3