Chapter 30- Brought to Light (Part 1)

A/N: Heyya! This is part 1 of the big reveal. You can read it as is. Or you can wait for Part 2 in a few hours and read it as a whole. :)

A couple days passed since you last saw Lizbeth Rosewood and it's been quiet since then. The preparation for the mission progressed as planned and everyone is just waiting for the announcement of when the departure would be held. You walked along the halls of the building on the way to your room when you saw a familiar back walking ahead of you.

"Erwin! Commander!" You called out as you jogged to catch up to him. Erwin turned his head to face you, a polite smile gracing his face. You took a deep breath once you caught up to him and smiled. "I wanted to talk to you about something, do you have time?" You asked as the two of you continued to walk down the hall.

"Of course. I'm heading to the office to get something. We can talk on the way there." Erwin replied with a gentle smile. "What do you need to know?" He asked as the two of you went down a staircase. "You were in the office when the Rosewood representatives talked to Levi, right?" You asked Erwin as the two of you reached the bottom of the stairs.

There was a pause before Erwin nodded. "Can you tell me what they talked about? Levi still refuses to tell me but I know it has something to do with me and I-" You paused when Erwin stopped walking. Turning your head to look at your friend, you saw him staring at you with a contemplating gaze.

"Do you love Levi?" Erwin asked softly, almost as if treading into thin ice. You frowned. "What does that have to do with what I asked?" You replied petulantly, crossing your arms over your chest. Erwin placed a hand on your shoulder as he stared into your eyes. "Do you love him?" He repeated his question.

You sighed. I haven't even said it to him yet. You thought to yourself, realizing just now that you never got to tell Levi those three words. You nodded meekly. "Then I hope you continue loving him. No matter what." Erwin replied in a gentle manner as he patted your head. "Despite his strong exterior, Levi is a sensitive man. I can't tell you what happened in that office, it's not my matter to tell. But you need to know that Levi is doing everything he can to protect you. So let him."

You furrowed your brows as you took a step back from Erwin. "I don't need protection. I'm no damsel in distress. I'll be fine." You muttered under your breath. "What I need is for someone to tell me the fucking truth and to stop dodging all my fucking questions."

Erwin opened his mouth but a sudden loud noise resounded catching his attention. You turned your head to the source of the sound further down the hall realizing that it came near the exit. You and Erwin sped through the halls and saw a group of scouts fighting against masked intruders.

Damn it. I was going to bed already. You groaned internally as you and Erwin jumped in to hold the intruders back. "Leader! They're going after Captain Levi!" You hear someone yell over the sound of fists clashing against skin, blades against blades, and the slur of profanities as you sent a masked assailant a kick in the balls.