Chapter 23- Acceptance

A/N: Me to me: What... is we..doing? Lmfao.

You stared at Levi. Waiting for the moment when he'll say it's all just an elaborate joke. "Are you serious?" You asked him in disbelief. Pulling his hands away from your face. "What makes you think it'll be a good idea to be married? To marry me?" You asked him as your lips trembled. "You don't know anything about me."

Levi stared at you. "I know you." He replied, his hand reaching out to hold you but caught air instead as you took a step back. "No. No, you know me here." Shaking your head at him. "You only know the person I am when I got here." You told Levi, your voice breaking. "You don't know who I was in the past. The things I did. How I survived despite living on the streets. Levi," You paused, staring at him, your gaze full of sorrow and pain. "Why would you want to marry someone like me?"

Your gaze dropped to the floor. Exhausted. Memories of the past flashing through your head. The orphanage, the thugs, the dark alleyways, you and a sharp knife under the moonlight, blood on your thin shaking hands. You flinched as the past you tried so hard to forget came back to haunt you.

Levi held your hands in his, leaning his forehead against yours. "I want you. You. All of you. You in the past, you in the present, and you in the future. It's always going to be you for me." Levi whispered, his breath which smelled of peppermint tea brushing across your face. "So tell me all your sins, I'll carry your burdens with you." He said, giving you a kiss light kiss on the lips.

You stared into his eyes, hesitating. You bit your lip, eyes fluttered close as you sighed and squeezed Levi's hand. "I ran away from an orphanage that abused and mistreated children like me. I left my friends there." You whispered. Levi caressed your cheek as he leaned in to kiss you on the forehead. "I know." He whispered.

You took a shaky breath and continued. "I used to steal money from strangers...because I was starving and the food from the trash made me ill." You whimpered under his gentle touch. Your lips trembled. "I empathize." Levi murmured giving you a kiss on the cheek.

"I've hurt people who tried to... take advantage of me as a woman." Your voice broke, remembering the touch of the filthy animals who pinned you against the wall of a dark alleyway. You recalled how you managed to grab a piece of rock on the pavement and bashed it into their heads. Flinching as you remembered the sensation of being stabbed by one of them on the abdomen, thinking you'd die alone and cold in an empty street until a kind Samaritan rushed you to a nearby clinic saving your life.

You felt Levi's hand tighten around yours. "I hurt them badly." You whispered. Images of blood coating your hands, yours, and the stranger's, flashed in your head. Levi softly kissed both of your closed eyelids. "I understand." You hear Levi say.

You gave out a strangled sob. Opening your eyes to stare into Levi's accepting ones. "I hated you." You sobbed out. Tears forming in your eyes as everything you fought hard to keep inside spilled out. "I hated you for bringing hope into my life when I was so ready to give up and die." You slammed your fist against his chest. "I hated you for giving me a reason to live." You fell apart, pushing your palms feebly against his shoulders. "I hated you."

Levi pulled you to him as you sobbed and broke apart in front of him. His embrace accepting you and your history. "I love you." Levi whispered as he wrapped you in his arms. "I love you." He repeated as you sobbed against his chest, dampening his shirt.

________________________________________________________________

You were sitting on Levi's lap, his arm wrapped around your waist as you sniffled into his chest. You managed to calm down after breaking down in front of Levi. You stared up at him through wet lashes. Still doubting how a man this kind, this compassionate, this good fell in love with you.

Levi turned his head towards you and gave you a soft smile. "Feeling better?" He asked wiping your tears away with his fingers. You weakly nodded. "Are you sure you still want to marry someone like me? You deserve so much better." You meekly asked. Your thumb playing with the ring on your finger.

Levi moved his hand on your waist up to your nape pulling your head towards him in a sincere and passionate kiss. "I want to marry you. Build a family with you. Live in a small wooden cottage with you." He murmured against your lips, panting softly. "I want to have annoying little brats with you. I want to fall asleep listening to your soft snoring. I want to be with you." Levi said, his voice full of conviction. "So promise to marry me, okay?"

You smiled at him, tears once again filling your eyes as you kissed him. "Yes." You murmured against his smiling lips. "I'll marry you." You replied as Levi leant in for another kiss but you pushed him away with your palms. Levi pouted at his kiss being rejected.

"But not now. I'm starving." You said, standing up from Levi's lap and straightening out your rumpled clothes. You hear Levi laugh as you fixed the collar of your shirt. "You're an ugly mess." He commented on your appearance. Tear streaks on your face, your eyes swollen from crying, and your lips red from kissing. You frowned at your fiancé. "Well, you look ugly without even crying." You retorted back as Levi wrapped an arm your waist and guided you to the door.

"Unfortunately, you already agreed to marry my ugly ass so that's your problem." He smugly replied opening the door of his office for you. "Now, go eat. I don't want to be responsible for you dying from starvation before the wedding." He said gently pushing you out of his office. But not before leaning towards your ear. "I'll see you later tonight." He said as he closed the door behind you.

You blushed, as the realization that you are officially engaged to Levi Ackerman dawned on you.

A/N: Wish we could all have a Levi. T.T